• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
  3. Agate Glitch Equivalent in XD

User Info: Ompimec

Ompimec
11 years ago#1
Sorry if this is old; I checked the forums and FAQs here, as well as the forums at Serebii.net and couldn't find anything similar to this.
-----

The "Agate Glitch", for those of you who don't know, refers to a ledge in Agate Village in Pokémon Colosseum that your character could walk towards and not stop. In other words, instead of stopping like you normally would when walking into a wall, you continue to "walk" albeit without going anywhere. This was useful because you could lock your controller (via unplugging it and plugging it back into the Gamecube while holding up on the control stick) and have your character walk continuously for hours on end without you having to even touch the controller, allowing for easy purification of the Shadow Pokémon in your party.

With Agate's redesign in Pokémon XD, this glitch was corrected. However, I have found that the "Whirlpool Room" on Citadark Isle contains multiple corners that allow you to exploit a similar glitch. The following image shows one such area:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5341/0704091436.jpg

By allowing your character to simply walk continuously, you can easily purify Pokémon in your party and in the Purify Chamber, level Pokémon in the daycare, raise the happiness level of Pokémon like Chansey and Golbat or Pokémon who know Return, and flush Miror B out of hiding.

The drawback is that in this game, there are many alerts that pop up for Pokémon who are ready to be purified or when Miror B appears/disappears. As a result, you may need to stay near your Gamecube ready to press A to clear these messages, as they will halt your walking.

To do this trick, I recommend using a normal Gamecube controller, so as not to drain the batteries in a Wavebird or other wireless controller. Simply enter the corner in the Whirlpool Room, then unplug your controller. While holding the control stick in the up position, plug the controller back into your system then release it. Because the system now recognizes up as the default position, it will recognize the center resting position as down, so your character will walk down without you doing anything. You will know you got it right if the screen seems to shake slightly.

Again, my apologies if this is old news, but for those of you for whom this is new, I hope you find it to be useful!

User Info: anonuser09

anonuser09
11 years ago#2
Thanks, guy. I'll definitely be using this. :]
XBL Gamer Tag: Tytelr

User Info: amp888

amp888
11 years ago#3
I find using the Purify Chamber to be much faster and overall more efficient at purification in this game.
I'm attempting to catch a Zapdos with "good" IVs. No luck so far.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
  3. Agate Glitch Equivalent in XD
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A