• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
  3. It's so damn unfair *rant and venting thread*

User Info: Cliche

Cliche
2 months ago#1
I was still a child with no money of her own during PS2 era so I didn't get to own and play LOI and COD back then. For whatever reason, only LOI made it to PSN but COD is still nowhere to be seen at all. I was still dreaming of remastered COD at this point evem though it's obviously just more like a wishful thinking.

I enjoyed the hell out of LOI on my PS3 and watching COD gameplay on Youtube, I am sure COD is the kind of my dream game. A kind of game that I won't care of hours wasted for getting into it because it looks so good. Some of its soundtracks are badass, dark, beautiful or romantic. Soundtrack is one of my important aspects of enjoying a game and COD totally nailed it.

Now, I don't get to play it at all since it's no where to be released as a port. Born in anasian country, Amazon don't ship video game-related items to my country even if PS2 and COD copy were sold there. Since Konami had ported LOI, a PS2 game on PSN before, it's annoying how this company don't care to do the same for COD for whatever reason.

Not to mention, this same company ported SOTN several times for easy money-making without giving any other great Castlevania games chance at all to be played by those unfortunate people.

I am craving to play COD so hard lately and groaned thinking about how I'll never be able to enjoy this elusive masterpiece for the rest of my life. :'-(
The art of not giving a F
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
2 months ago#2
Sorry to hear. What country are you from?

You might have more luck on Ebay. Try looking for Ebay copies from Japan or Hong Kong (English maybe). Some may ship internationally. You could also try buying an Ebay copy from Australia. That one will be in English

If all else fails there's also emulation, or last resort, I'd help you modify your PS2. Piracy is wrong but when you say stuff like "I'll never play this for the rest of my life" I get sad

User Info: Cliche

Cliche
2 months ago#3
metaIslug posted...
Sorry to hear. What country are you from?

I live in Malaysia. A country where people don't really emphasize on video games but when they do, majority of them only care about MOBA and FPS genres. Sucks right? I don't think more than 10%(might be even less than that) of the population even know or care about Castlevania series at all. I mean due to this, it's impossible to find any old Castlevania games in Malaysia online stores at all.

You might have more luck on Ebay. Try looking for Ebay copies from Japan or Hong Kong (English maybe). Some may ship internationally. You could also try buying an Ebay copy from Australia. That one will be in English

Just checked again on Amazon. I found an already used copy of COD that is sold for 24$. I think I am going to try on this opportunity. For some reason, Amazon is willing to ship video game-related items to my country now unlike back then where I could only buy apparels from it. This might be my biggest opportunity. I'll consider purchasing a PS2 and COD there on my payday soon and hopefully I can actually play it. Thank you so much, kind sir for making me check on Amazon again! :-D

If all else fails there's also emulation

Not a chance.. I only owned an ancient 'dino age' laptop with laughable specs for now. I can't even imagine how hilariously laggy the game would be if I emulated it, lmao.

Piracy is wrong but when you say stuff like "I'll never play this for the rest of my life" I get sad

Well, I guess I was being overdramatic when I made this thread yesterday. Now knowing that Amazon finally willing to ship video games copy to my country, I think I actually have a chance at all. The one and only chance so I apologize for being overdramatic with that statement.

Also, I genuinely appreciate your help, kind sir. Judging by your post, you seem to be one of those rare nicest people on the internet who is sincerely willing to help strangers in need. It's rare to find someone like you on Gamefaqs where there are lots of whiny and negative people like me. Wish you a great day and life! :-D
The art of not giving a F
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
  3. It's so damn unfair *rant and venting thread*
  • Post New Message