• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
  3. About skeleton exp between versions.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
9 months ago#1
I remember there was something about the skeletons at the start, and how to use them to level up IDs. What was the deal with that?

I actually used to know, but it's been so long. I can't find the thread here anymore.

Thanks.

New_Birdman
8 months ago#2
Damn it, seems this board is dead.

I've been looking at the ID starts and never knew that some of the forms have different gains per level, similar to classes in Dragon's Dogma.

I'm wondering what stats are best per ID. Fairies don't have def and any attacks they do are so weak I doubt raising a Hornet (highest attack gain at 4 per level) to lv.99 is going to make much of a difference and pointless when you have attack IDs already.

I'm also wondering if magic is worth boosting at all. The wiki states how much their various healing spells do, so I guess they're fixed and high magic won't change that. Same goes for Poison Powder. I've never actually used it so I might raise a Leaffle and test that.

It seems that fairies would benefit more from a high heart count than anything else, allowing you to cast heals more often.

I'll look into the other IDs and make a list of their stats and who has the highest and see if I can get some build ideas going. Realy hard to find active people who know about this ID stat stuff.

User Info: eridania67814

eridania67814
8 months ago#3
I don't know about numbers, exactly, but fairies only seem to be good for abilities other than attacking. Poisoning isn't reliable or controllable so forget that. Press it and see and decipher are my favorites. I would say don't ever use the heal that requires money, but heal II is my favorite
--
-

New_Birdman
8 months ago#4
Thanks.

I managed to get the exp answers from the speedrunning community.

They explained that healing is fixed so the mag stat doesn't matter.

The poison thing is out of mechanical interest. Right now I'm building a fairy with highest mag possible to see what the limit of poison is.

User Info: Cask1357

Cask1357
7 months ago#5
New_Birdman posted...
I remember there was something about the skeletons at the start, and how to use them to level up IDs. What was the deal with that?

I actually used to know, but it's been so long. I can't find the thread here anymore.

Thanks.

If you are playing on the NTSC-US/C PS2 version of the game the Skeleton Lv.1 gives 0 EXP per kill, if you want to start maxing out certain stats on the Innocent Devils it is sometimes more ideal to evolve them before leveling them depending on the I.D. Stat growth... However, the same Skeletons on the NTSC-J/PAL PS2 & Xbox versions have them give 1 EXP per kill which is still low, but it doesn't take into account the Innocent Devils have boosted EXP the farther Hector's Level is from theirs. It is still possible to evolve them without EXP regardless of that fact, but it is usually simpler to say use the 0 EXP enemies... if you want to do it without 0 EXP enemies you just need to have a different I.D. out and collect the Evo Crystals by summoning a different I.D. once they drop.

New_Birdman posted...

I'm wondering what stats are best per ID. Fairies don't have def and any attacks they do are so weak I doubt raising a Hornet (highest attack gain at 4 per level) to lv.99 is going to make much of a difference and pointless when you have attack IDs already.

I'll look into the other IDs and make a list of their stats and who has the highest and see if I can get some build ideas going. Realy hard to find active people who know about this ID stat stuff.

We already have the list of the stat growth of every I.D. Type, actually I believe it was posted in the strategy guide for the game... The best Stats per I.D. depends on what you want to do with the Innocent Devil. In the Boss Rush Speedrun, We use an 4th Generation Iyeti (Completely leveled to 99 as Iyeti in all 4 generations) for it to have 332 MAG. This is because we use Hip Press Lv. 2 and Aura Blast, those moves each do 3x MAG base damage (before defense is calculated)... At one point 3rd Generation The End was used because it would have High Attack Power, I don't remember what the stat was off the top of my head (I can find it for you if you want). The Strongest ATK power Fairy is pathetic for ATK as the only ATK based damage move does 0.005x Base ATK damage, Skull Bomb is a move that might do some damage as it can do 8-10% of the Current HP of an enemy to it...
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
  3. About skeleton exp between versions.
  • Topic Archived