• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
  3. Easy Way to Farm Angel Halo

User Info: cevmarauder

cevmarauder
9 months ago#1
Not that too many people are still playing this (wonderful) 15-year-old game, but I recently picked it up again and found an easy way to farm Halos. Two words:

Gatling.
Gun.

Tuck yourself into a corner in the place they spawn with the Ectoplasms in the Infinite Corridor and go hog wild. Up your luck using gear, of course. The bullets penetrate right through their %$&! paper whirlwinds, so you can cut them down quickly.

By the way, this also helps with farming the Jin for Midas's Gold. Now, if only the Blaze Phantom lvl 39's were easier to steal from...

Hope this helps somebody!

User Info: Clearwine

Clearwine
9 months ago#2
Oh someone's here.

I'm gonna start playing this game for the first time. Any tips or anything I need to know?

I'm planning to use the guide for stealing but not for the whole run, so no major spoilers pls.
Beer... making me dance with ugly men since 1995.

cevmarauder
9 months ago#3
I recommend going for the "Special" Innocent devils, like the Proboscis fairy, Iyeti Battle-Type, and Nautilus Rod with your first-generation IDs, because they'll have the lowest stats and lowest number of hearts. Later generations will gain levels very, very quickly as you'll be fighting tougher enemies.

Until you unlock the Infinite Corridor, the beginning part of the Mortavia Aqueduct is the best place to farm crystals for evolving your IDs.

Git Gud at stealing--you'll need it for the better weapons. But screw farming Evil Cores for miracle eggs--you're better off farming Golden Bones (see the various guides)--the drop rate is abysmal on the Evil cores, though it's a great place to use the Chauve-Souris to evolve your Devil-type.

Don't bother trying to farm Phlogiston from the Fire Demons until you get a mage-type with time stop, for your own sanity.

Don't be afraid to repeat Boss Fights until you get the steal--you absolutely need the Devil Iron/Vein, Purple Glitter, and Death's Pulse for the best weapons in the game.

Having a fire/ice dragon type ID (Carpet Bomb is awesome for the big fat Cyclops/Frankenstein bastards), along with a Corpsey Battle-Type with Bone Storm, and a Proboscis or Tiramisu type fairy with healing field, is absolutely critical for getting through the Tower of Eternity alive. FYI, Tower of Evermore is great for getting the required number of kills to unlock an ID's special skills; you can get most of the 100/400 kill skills unlocked in one run through, and I can run through the 50 floors of Evermore in about 20-30 minutes.

Note that you don't have to kill the Red Skeletons in Tower of Eternity to proceed to the next floor. And those guys hit hard, so just avoid them if at all possible.

If you're using a PS3 instead of a PS2, your damned controller is going to time out and shut off while trying to walk in circles for a solid hour to get the "Salamander" skill for your mage-type (also, Twinkle rod is a badass murder machine.) This is okay, since it doesn't have to be an uninterrupted hour, but it'll take you a while of checking on your controller to turn it back on.

The only "missables" are the boss steals, so you can always go back and get items/drops if need be. Going into a save room causes all the enemies to respawn.

I personally hardly use the serum/anti-curse consumables; once you have a Proboscis Fairy that's completely leveled up, you just have to call him up and he'll cure any conditions.

I keep a stock of 6-8 of each type of ticket (easy since you can steal them) and 5 potions/3 high potions. Generally, if I'm lucky enough to get a drop, I use one from my stock and then pick up the replacement. That way i never get caught short if a boss fight goes bad or I get a bad run of luck while farming blaze phantom-types.
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
7 months ago#4
I recently got this too (for the OG Xbox) although im not sure when i will get around to playing

User Info: AmbientHavoc

AmbientHavoc
6 months ago#5
Thanks for the tips. I just got this game today. I imagine this will be helpful.
Everybody's favorite lurker!

User Info: FalKen01

FalKen01
5 months ago#6
To farm both Midas Gold and Angel Halo, I only need Battle ID with Hip Press Lv.2.
Quick enough to dispatch them especially Amducias.
No need to arguing, already giving up to those who think they're right.

cevmarauder
4 months ago#7
Ooh, that's a good strategy. I never really used the flying butt bomb mechanic much!

User Info: FalKen01

FalKen01
3 months ago#8
Sorry but let me re-phrase of your words :

'Don't bother trying to farm Phlogiston from the Fire Demons until you get a mage-type with time stop,
for your own sanity.'
- Well, that's true, but you can use Square+Cross button to Kick Jump the enemies. The trick is, wait
for Flame Demon do it's strike attack, then get close to do those Kick Jump attack and jump again
in mid-air to steal Phlogiston from him. It's the easiest way for me. I don't said that I didn't agree of
your method, but using Time Stop is kinda tiring, not to mention the skill use up 40-50 Hearts, unless
you play Crazy Mode and have Mobius Brooch, this wouldn't be a problem at all, and the heart
replenishes almost not drop when I farm Phlogiston outside Tower of Evermore. But, either way is
up to the player.

'Tiramisu type fairy with healing field, is absolutely critical for getting through the Tower of Eternity alive'
- Well, this agreeable but since farming material and making armors from same material and sell it to
Julia, Gold Heal is the best for me (again). The requirement is just 5000 gold, pretty easy to get when
you came across Bone Soldier inside Mortvia Aqueduct, or fighting Assassin Zombie in Forest of
Jigramunt, and farm those Indigo Steel and keep making Chain Mail and sell it, quite a buck I said.

'Going into a save room causes all the enemies to respawn.'
- As long as you go to another room that has transition and Loading word in right bottom corner, any
defeated enemy will re-spawn, not just from go back and forth of Save Room.
No need to arguing, already giving up to those who think they're right.
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
  3. Easy Way to Farm Angel Halo
  • Post New Message