• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Pearl Version
  3. URGENT. saving over saved file, already halfway through game.

User Info: mmhm_toast

mmhm_toast
12 years ago#1
I bought a used copy of Pokemon Pearl yesterday. When I started the game, I didn't realize that I had to delete the save file before starting the game. Now, when I try to save, it says "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save. Please refer to the Instruction Booklet for details." Which is even more inconvienient, seeing as I don't have the booklet. I've already gotten a number of gym badges and my Pokemon are levelled up nicely, and I don't feel like restarting. Is there any way to save my game?

User Info: DesertSahagin

DesertSahagin
12 years ago#2
Not at all! You're screwed!

The button combination to delete the previous file on the title screen is something along the lines of Up + Select + B or something like that. I dunno, try out a few button combinations.
You're too soft, Youmu~
Santa, why do you never bring me any presents? That's because your family is poor.

User Info: littlestein

littlestein
12 years ago#3
Woah, how long did you play before realizing this????? Anyway, before i started mine, i had to erase my bros, and it said to do this at the title screen Up+Select+B, hope it helps.
(Cortana)"Chief, that was OUR SHIP!...(Chief) aw man, theres gonna be a paycut, isn't there?

User Info: mmhm_toast

mmhm_toast
12 years ago#4
I know the button combination. But it only works at the title screen, which I can't get to without ending my game. >.<

littlestein
12 years ago#5
Then your screwed...
(Cortana)"Chief, that was OUR SHIP!...(Chief) aw man, theres gonna be a paycut, isn't there?

littlestein
12 years ago#6
Also, cant you read? when you try to start a new game when there is already a saved file, it tells you you wont be able to save unless you erase that file.

User Info: Safer_777

Safer_777
12 years ago#7
Your own fault for not reading.But that is how life goes...
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~

User Info: Jeffmaz2001

Jeffmaz2001
12 years ago#8
Ahhh, young grasshopper, so life now teaches a lesson on paying attention. Aren't you happy that all that is lost is a little progress in a video game? The penalties are a little more hefty for not paying attention to the road and the speed of your motorcycle.

User Info: SuperMarioFan

SuperMarioFan
12 years ago#9
You can only have one save file per game pak anyway, so I'd go ahead and save over it (unless you want to be nosy and see what the previous owner had).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

User Info: Blueblaze02

Blueblaze02
12 years ago#10

BiggestToadFan posted...
You can only have one save file per game pak anyway, so I'd go ahead and save over it (unless you want to be nosy and see what the previous owner had).

Didnt u see he said he cant. IIRC in the old games it was possible. I had the problem too on a smaller scale. So yeah ur pretty much screwed. And next time dont rush thrugh the process and look at the tiny details

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Pearl Version
  3. URGENT. saving over saved file, already halfway through game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A