• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Diamond Version
  3. Can't progress in story

User Info: Ultima_Omega

Ultima_Omega
11 months ago#1
So I stopped playing this for a while and have mainly been using it as a storage bank for my SS game but decided I should finish this now. However I can't seem to progress in the story. I currently have 7 badges and all the guides say to go to the lake, see the scene with Jupiter and then go get the key in Veilstone. Judging by the fact that the Galactic grunts aren't by the lake anymore, I assume I already triggered the event with Jupiter but the grant in front of Galactic HQ isn't there and I don't have the Storage Key. Is there something else I have to do?
"I need a gun."
"No, I need a gun; you need to get the hell outta here before I find one."

User Info: MrLycanroc

MrLycanroc
11 months ago#2
Go to all the lakes after that go back to veilstone and get the key

Ultima_Omega
11 months ago#3
Lake Valor is blocked off by two guys saying they were asked to protect it from Cyrus.
"I need a gun."

User Info: Blue_Collar_Man

Blue_Collar_Man
11 months ago#4
I just started a new game myself and only have one badge, wish I could help more.

Be sure to go to all the lakes like mentioned earlier. From the looks of it Lake Acuity may have something to do with it if you haven't been there. You should have visited all of the lakes after the earthquake. I did find one person on a forum with your issue that solved it by backtracking, realized they didn't visit all of the lakes. Just do it again anyways and see what happens.

Hopefully you have solved this by the time you read this!
I'm sure we all know that an egg needs a small little tadpole looking thing called a spermy wermy???
(>'.')>

Ultima_Omega
11 months ago#5
Lol funny thing is I started this file 4 years ago so I have zero recollection for what I did and didn't do. I think I only got to Snowopoint in the first place cause I wanted a Sneasle for my Silver game. It also doesn't help that this game is the one I have the hardest time remember what to do.

I went to lake Verity and Acuity and nothing was there. Also I couldn't surf to the center of the lake since the water wasn't high enough. As said before, Valor is blocked off. I'm not sure if I triggered the Lake Acuity scene with Jupiter but there's no one there and nothing happens when I get there. I don't recall the earthquake. What triggers that?
"I need a gun."

Blue_Collar_Man
11 months ago#6
The earthquake was supposed to have been triggered as soon as you got the 6th badge and meet up with the rival, Dawn and Rowan in the library in Canalave City.

I have no idea what you mean by not being able to surf to the center of the lake, (and which lake?). It has been a while but I recall only needing to fight the admins in the entrance area of Actuity and Verity to get the events progressing.

The only lake I can recall not being able to surf to the center at this point is Valor. That is only because it was blown up and all the water is gone, and you need to walk to the cave in the center.
I'm sure we all know that an egg needs a small little tadpole looking thing called a spermy wermy???
(>'.')>

Blue_Collar_Man
11 months ago#7
Come to think of it, I think the earthquake event is impossible to miss to be honest with you, as long as you followed the rival into the library after the 6th badge. You may have healed at the Pokemon Center, forgot about him/ completely ignored his royal ADHD-ness and just went to Snowpoint.
(>'.')>

Ultima_Omega
11 months ago#8
OMG THAT WAS IT!!!! I never went to the library lol. Thank you so much. I really didn't want to start a new game. I would've had to move like 60 pokemon over to Silver.
"I need a gun."

Blue_Collar_Man
11 months ago#9
I had a feeling that was it!!! Good luck!!! Have fun! Glad I was able to figure it out!
(>'.')>
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Diamond Version
  3. Can't progress in story
  • Topic Archived