• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Diamond Version
  3. glitch, communications error

User Info: akbaroth

akbaroth
9 years ago#1
right, everytime i start up the game, at the title screen and it says to start start, i press A, it then flashes the usual continue screen there, but a split second later it vanishes replaced with the following error:

"A communication error has occurred.

If you were in the Union Room, you will be returned there.
In all other cases, you will be returned to wherever you last
saved.
Please press the A Button."

when i do so the screen turns white and simply stays that way until i turn it off. it still lets me delete my old save, and create a new file, but i still cannot reload any old saves, so unless i'm willing to play the whole game without turning off, restarting, resetting, and so on, i can't play at all.

i did a quick search through the faqs, didn't find anything, i looked in technical help in the answers, and i wasn't sure what to search for on the board, so i'm posting this now.

does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? i'm using an original DS, and as soon as my mom is done with her online project, i'm going to disable the internet and see if that helps.
I wasn't actually knighted, the lord was delusional from all those "battle-related" drugs.

User Info: SiDoesGood

SiDoesGood
9 years ago#2
Sounds like you got a bootleg, bro.
Ziploc Corp. SDG || www.aevelocity.com
http://i42.tinypic.com/urhw2.png

akbaroth
9 years ago#3
i'm not very fluent in internet slang, apart from illegal trade of alcohol, what does bootleg mean?

i've never done any hacking on my ds, and i don't think i've ever exploited any glitches, not that i wasn't planning to ;)
I wasn't actually knighted, the lord was delusional from all those "battle-related" drugs.

User Info: SiDoesGood

SiDoesGood
9 years ago#4
Bootleg is an illegal copy that's sold as a real one.
*$* Ziploc Corp. - SDG *$* || www.aevelocity.com
http://i42.tinypic.com/urhw2.png

akbaroth
9 years ago#5
hmm... i doubt it, i been playing this for over a year, plenty of online stuff. if it is an illegal copy, i don't see why it would only start to complain now. if it means anything, i got it at wal-mart.

User Info: random_6487

random_6487
9 years ago#6
I think that's the message you get when a save file is corrupted. The game actually has two save files and alternates between them. If one file is corrupted, it will fall back to the previous good save. It sounds like in your case both saves are corrupted, so it gives up.

So it may be a problem with the memory itself, or a problem with the electrical path from the computer in the DS to the memory on the cart.

Check the cart for damage and try cleaning the contacts. Also try a different DS if you can get access to one (loan from a friend maybe).

akbaroth
9 years ago#7
i've deleted my file several times on it, so i don't think it's that both were corrupted, i'll see if my half-brother will lend me his ds. i don't see him much, but he's fairly agreeable. if that doesn't work, he never plays his copy of pearl anymore, after he got platinum, so i'll see if i can have his copy of plat

akbaroth
9 years ago#8
er, i mean have his copy of pearl*
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Diamond Version
  3. glitch, communications error
  • Topic Archived