• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Diamond Version
  3. Have TM/HMs ever been addressed in the anime?

User Info: Shiaoran

Shiaoran
9 years ago#1
I've always wondered what's the official interpretation of those disks...
I mean, how do the pokemon learn the moves?
You shove the disk up their 'slot'?
You boot it and the disk contains a tutorial but is destroyed Mission-Impossible-like after the tutorial is displayed?

I've always guessed the second option BTW :P
Kill a man: You're a murderer. Kill 10 men: You're a psycho. Kill 100: You're a monster. Kill 1000: LEVEL UP!

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
9 years ago#2
In the anime, every pokemon pretty much automatically knows every move it can learn. Because, ya know... it would make more sense.

Dystroph
9 years ago#3
Oh, and, the anime isn't EVER the "official interpretation". XD

User Info: chaomaster4000

chaomaster4000
9 years ago#4
In FR / LG, it showed the discs being attached to the Pokemon's head and then the data was absorbed into them. Not that that's any more logical than your ideas.
Not changing this sig until I'm provided with something witty to replace it with.

User Info: cheeseball341

cheeseball341
9 years ago#5
Read the manga Pokemon Adventures. Beats the living daylights out of the anime.

Shiaoran
9 years ago#6
I hate the manga AND teh anime :P

I just figure that any crap they show there ends up becoming official...

I don't think pokemons should know every move they can learn. They should really learn them somehow.

So I guess this issue has never really been brought up in any official source then...
At least some stuff like Diglets and Dugtrios having some sort of feet they've already confirmed XD
Kill a man: You're a murderer. Kill 10 men: You're a psycho. Kill 100: You're a monster. Kill 1000: LEVEL UP!

User Info: tiomasta

tiomasta
9 years ago#7
In the TCG, the TMs are some sort of cube, with two poles, IIRC. The poles sends waves that make the poke learn the move...?

And what does happen at the manga?
There are three types of people in the world: people that can count, and people that can't.

Dystroph
9 years ago#8
Well, not every move, I guess. But most of them are basic and just make sense. I mean, why would a pokemon have to learn how to headbutt? Just hit the friggin thing with your head!

So I guess it makes sense for them to have to learn the moves animals shouldn't be able to do, like EQ. But scratch, tackle, any animal-style move shouldn't have to be learnt.

Shiaoran
9 years ago#9
Agreed.

Also more powerful versions of a 'same' move should como with proficiency. Learn how to Ember well and you get Flamethrower.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Diamond Version
  3. Have TM/HMs ever been addressed in the anime?
  • Topic Archived