• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. HP +999% Costly Punch without items
Teraflare 1 year ago#1
I'm not sure if this is already know, but from I what I've read it seems like it's not, so I guess I'll let everyone know.

I've played FF7R and I decided to play the original FF7 and Crisis Core again, and I just found myself doing the ASAP challenge. I'm at the mako reactor 5 and after beating Minerva I decided I wanted to get all the materia I wanted before proceeding as well, and I thought it was impossible to get a HP +999% Costly Punch at this point, but I tried it anyway, and as it turns out, it is possible.

I'm not entirely sure exactly what has to be done, but I did it kinda like this:

Lv.1 Goblin Punch (ATK +1) + Lv.1 Murderous Thrust (HP +20%) = Lv.1 Costly Punch (HP +20%)

Then, I leveled up Costly Punch to level 2, but it remained with HP +20% and I couldn't fuse it with anything to increase the HP bonus, so I went ahead and leveled it up a bit more. Fortunately, I got help from the moogle and it mastered my Costly Punch, but it still was only HP +20%. But then I bought 3 Libra (ATK +1) materias from the shop and fused it until my Costly Punch had HP +50% (yeah, I thought it wouldn't work too). From here, I just bought 95 Doublecast materia from the shop and fused them until I had my Costly Punch HP +999%.

Maybe if I had leveled Murderous Thrust a bit before the fusion I wouldn't have to level up Costly Punch and use Libras, but I'm not gonna try that now.

I'll list below my good materia so far, but I think now I'm good for the rest of the game.

Curaga HP +999%
Costly Punch HP +999%
Gil Toss VIT +100
Wall SPR +100
Quake MAG +100
Darkness ATK +100
SP Barrier VIT +100
Graviga SPR +100
Darkness HP +999%
jalovitrue 1 year ago#2
Didn't know the history of this board, but by current knowledge (aka. 10 years into the future knowledge lol) it should be possible.
Since DMW is R8 Other, and Goblin Punch is R1 Punch, R8 Other is the determinant.
Other + Punch = Punch
R8 Other + R1 Punch = R8 Punch aka. Costly Punch.
Shouldn't you theoretically get +999% by adding 99 Phoenix Down on the first fusion?
Teraflare 1 year ago#3
jalovitrue posted...
adding 99 Phoenix Down
I didn't have access to item fusion yet.

jalovitrue posted...
Didn't know the history of this board, but by current knowledge (aka. 10 years into the future knowledge lol) it should be possible.
Yeah, I suppose, but I didn't find anything so I had to figure it out on my own.
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. HP +999% Costly Punch without items
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Why Shinra Kill Zack? Plot12 Answers
Wats the code for the mansion? Side Quest2 Answers
How can i get all genji set? Side Quest1 Answer
Flower wagon? General1 Answer
Where can I find the 6 wutai spy? Side Quest3 Answers