First timer ... questions (spoilers?)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. First timer ... questions (spoilers?)

User Info: CrayonBoy

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#41
I understand your frustration TC! But I hope you Are having fun with this game too ^^

Come to think of it, I remember I spent AGES doing missions in the main building where you can get that drink from the woman by the stairs so if I got OHKO, I'd be instantly revived to have another crack at killing these nasty enemies. I didn't leave that building until I completed a good number of the missions (since Phoenix Downs are rare in this game until you've encounter Minerva...)
YuGiOh/ FFVII: CC/ DD:012/ Type0/ X2/ IV/ III/ TO/ P4G/ Ao no Kiseki/ SnK I & II/ SRW ZIII/ Nobunaga: Ascension/ DR 1& 2/ VLR & ZTD/ S;G & S;G0/

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#42
CrayonBoy posted...
I understand your frustration TC! But I hope you Are having fun with this game too ^^

Come to think of it, I remember I spent AGES doing missions in the main building where you can get that drink from the woman by the stairs so if I got OHKO, I'd be instantly revived to have another crack at killing these nasty enemies. I didn't leave that building until I completed a good number of the missions (since Phoenix Downs are rare in this game until you've encounter Minerva...)

just to let you know how bad i am at this game.....im actually playing with save states and i STILL stuck balls. I am enjoying it, but even with save states i get OHKO'd way too often to be enjoying myself.

Im 67% complete, and im already getting slaughtered in REGULAR encounters. Like every encounter there is an enemy that with OHKO me. I try to avoid random battles by hugging walls, but that doesnt seem to work as well as it didnt earlier in the game.

i also dont see the point in doing ANY fusion. Specifically because the only thing i use is costly punch, so MAG and ATK stats are pointless; and since i get OHKO'd all the time, the SPR and VIT are pointless too.

the only thing really worth increasing is HP, but im nowhere near 99,999, so instead i just stay at 9999 and use costly punch+brutal to do 99,999 damage to everyone.

but like i said, its a slow attack and there is a recovery phase after finishing the attack, thus, before and after the attack you are susceptible to being killed.

i think i might just finish the story and call it quits. I dont see any point to completing the missions if there is no means of getting overpowered the way the enemies are overpowered
Girls play video games too you know ;)

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#43
well i just fought genesis avatar, and i dont know why absolutesteve's guide says he has 600,000 HP??

I hit him with costly punch 3x for 99,999 and beat him

ending spoilers ...

Did Zack not realize he was in that tube for 4 years? At the end he read Aerith's letter and was shocked that it had been 4 years??

Also, question regarding final fantasy 7, it has been a while since i played it, but when does that story happen, is it immediately after the end of crisis core's events?

what happened to genesis at the end. Was is Shinra that picked him up? If so, was he actually in final fantasy 7?

also, cissnei never gave zack her name, but was she actually Elena from FF7?

User Info: l_Xanato_l

l_Xanato_l
1 year ago#44
Zack and Cloud were in a comatose state for several years.

The events of Final Fantasy VII likely happen about a week or several weeks after Crisis Core. After Zack's death, Cloud made his way to Midgar and was discovered by Tifa at a train station. When FF7 begins, Cloud is going on his first mission with Avalanche. So, not much time has passed.

Genesis was picked up by a secret team of soldiers who work for Shinra. However, he does not make an appearance in Final Fantasy VII and is never mentioned in the game.

While Cissnei's fate after Crisis Core is unknown, it is highly unlikely that she and Elena are the same person. There isn't really much in the game that would support that theory.

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#45
has anyone played FF7 on the playstation network? I own the original PS1 copy and i can just play that, but i was wondering if maybe the graphics got a slight upgrade on the PSN? If so, then it would be worth it imo to purchase it

while we're discussing this, i have the same question for FF8 and FF9. I own all original PS1 copies too.

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#46
i was also wondering if anyone could recommend a PSP game for me? To get an idea of what i enjoy, i will list the PSP games that i have played or began playing but couldnt get past a freeze in the game:

Breath of Fire III
Crimson Gem Saga
Crisis Core
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Tactics
Growlanser Wayfarer of Time
Hexyz Force
Jeanne D'arc
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Spectral Souls Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires
Star Ocean 1 and 2
Tactics Ogre
The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky/AtoV/PotMW
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Wild Arms XF

also, dont bother recommending japanese games that havent been translated, i mean really, what would be the point :)

User Info: Spanettone

Spanettone
1 year ago#47
FinalFLuver posted...
well i just fought genesis avatar, and i dont know why absolutesteve's guide says he has 600,000 HP??

I hit him with costly punch 3x for 99,999 and beat him

Genesis Avatar (the body) has 600.000 HP for real

but you can beat it easily destroing Materia (the sword) that has 230.000 HP

User Info: CrayonBoy

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#48
FinalFLuver posted...
i was also wondering if anyone could recommend a PSP game for me? To get an idea of what i enjoy, i will list the PSP games that i have played or began playing but couldnt get past a freeze in the game:

Breath of Fire III
Crimson Gem Saga
Crisis Core
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Tactics
Growlanser Wayfarer of Time
Hexyz Force
Jeanne D'arc
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Spectral Souls Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires
Star Ocean 1 and 2
Tactics Ogre
The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky/AtoV/PotMW
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Wild Arms XF

also, dont bother recommending japanese games that havent been translated, i mean really, what would be the point :)

Wow, you really breezed through Crisis Core, didn't you ^^

Did you play all the routes in Tactics Ogre? For me, that game is just epic! I lived and breathed it for more than a year.

Final Fantasy IV is not bad, though I had to put it down for awhile before completing the story. I recently spent much time on it ... to farm the pink tail and got one @.@

Oh yes, I LOVE Final Fantasy X-2. Don't be deceived by the "girlie" vibe/ presentation of the game. the gameplay is really solid and fun and it's one that I go back to again and again. Just started my 3rd playthru.

But don't get me started on Trails of Cold Steel. I am SO SO SO p***ed off with Nihon Falcom right now for porting Trails of Cold Steel 3, last of the trilogy, to PS4 (from the Vita)... B******s!
YuGiOh/ FFVII: CC/ DD:012/ Type0/ X2/ IV/ III/ TO/ P4G/ Ao no Kiseki/ SnK I & II/ SRW ZIII/ Nobunaga: Ascension/ DR 1& 2/ VLR & ZTD/ S;G & S;G0/

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#49
CrayonBoy posted...
Wow, you really breezed through Crisis Core, didn't you ^^

well the game is extremely short if you dont do missions. But ya, i got to about 67% of the missions and i was starting to get tired of them. I mean, like i said, i wasnt seeing the point in boosting stats since i was getting OHKO'd anyways ... i dont enjoy getting slaughtered

CrayonBoy posted...
Did you play all the routes in Tactics Ogre? For me, that game is just epic! I lived and breathed it for more than a year.

i played the game 2 times, and i never once bothered with the whole CODA and whatnot. The walkthroughs are good, but not easy to follow unless you are a vet of the game. I had absolutely no clue what i was doing with the time travel aspect (or whatever it was called), and the concept of multiple routes never interests me in video games, i see them as a developers intentional way of making the game longer, when in reality you are literally playing the same stages over and over .... not my idea of fun.

CrayonBoy posted...
Final Fantasy IV is not bad, though I had to put it down for awhile before completing the story. I recently spent much time on it ... to farm the pink tail and got one @.@

ive played all the final fantasy's from 1 to 13-2. FF4 was the one with cecil, and ya i enjoyed, especially the whole traveling to the moon thing, which i thought was cool back in the day (i played it for the SNES)

CrayonBoy posted...
Oh yes, I LOVE Final Fantasy X-2. Don't be deceived by the "girlie" vibe/ presentation of the game. the gameplay is really solid and fun and it's one that I go back to again and again. Just started my 3rd playthru.

i played this game like 6-7 times, did everything from getting the Adamantite from Gunner's Gauntlet to completing the 100 floor dungeon in bevelle

im actually looking for PSP games to play though :)

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#50
FinalFLuver posted...
has anyone played FF7 on the playstation network? I own the original PS1 copy and i can just play that, but i was wondering if maybe the graphics got a slight upgrade on the PSN? If so, then it would be worth it imo to purchase it

while we're discussing this, i have the same question for FF8 and FF9. I own all original PS1 copies too.

anyone? I dont want to waste my money on the PSN if it is no different than the PS1 version.
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. First timer ... questions (spoilers?)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived