• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. First timer ... questions (spoilers?)

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#31
CrayonBoy posted...
Now, re Costly Punch damage, it IS kinda confusing. I am not sure I'm 100% correct (best do a search on this board) but once you have a break HP limit accessory on, your HP is likely to go over esp if you get a DMW result that maxes your HP ...one way to get around this is to have Darkness equipped cos casting that will get your HP down (and below limit) again... but I recommend maxing your HP so 1) you have more HP :-) and 2) Costly Punch will always work ...

does costly punch work at 9998 HP or does it have to be 9999?

i just found out that Steal + Dash = Mug, and im the type of gamer that loves stealing so i like using this materia, but i have ZERO need for AP+%, and i cant change it on either dash or steal (and obviously when i fuse them, mug will also have the stupid AP+%)

even reading the walkthroughs explanatino and the fusion faq, i cant figure out how to go about getting MUG with a regular stat on it .... can maybe an item in the 3rd slot of the fusion screen change the stat from one type to another? I thought i read that, but i cant find it again.

also is there a guide that indicate the attacks used my enemies? Im fighting a G Paladin (looks like genesis clones) and regardless of what i equip, his Energy attack OHKO's me every time. What is that attack? Is there a way to protect against it? If there is a guide that actually shows this stuff, could you link me to it so i can save it to my favourites list.

i mean, as awesome as absolutesteve's guides are, the "attacks" section of his monster lists have the most pointless content listed ......... he lists the number of different attacks each enemy has .... how is that relevant? I mean, writing NOTHING for that section is equally as informative
Girls play video games too you know ;)

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#32
what is there to do other than let yourself die when you are inflicted with stop? I thought i could use a remedy but it didnt work?

and yes i know equipping stop preventing accessories would help, but i didnt know these enemies had attacks that inflicted stop

User Info: Spanettone

Spanettone
1 year ago#33
my faq has complete description of EVERY attack of each monster and, before every group of missions, you can read which monsters owns Death/Shock/Stop attacks, so you can prepare your equipment

about Costly Punch, it uses 1/128 of your max HP to deal high damage: if your current HP are 1,11 times bigger than your max HP (because of Power Surge bonus), Costly Punch deals no damage at all

User Info: CrayonBoy

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#34
Btw, apologies for this:

But no, there is no way you can up stats of punch materia ><

What I meant was there is no way you can transfer stats over to a punch materia ... sorry for confusing everyone more ... am crap at explaining things.

Re Stop, yes, very annoying status effect and, yes, I just hope for the best when inflicted. I think those fat worms in later dungeons can cast stop, which Zack is not immune to even when equipped with top accessories ... but by which time you should be able to survive unscathed.
YuGiOh/ FFVII: CC/ DD:012/ Type0/ X2/ IV/ III/ TO/ P4G/ Ao no Kiseki/ SnK I & II/ SRW ZIII/ Nobunaga: Ascension/ DR 1& 2/ VLR & ZTD/ S;G & S;G0/

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#35
Spanettone posted...
my faq has complete description of EVERY attack of each monster and, before every group of missions, you can read which monsters owns Death/Shock/Stop attacks, so you can prepare your equipment

thanks spanettone, but i cant read italian, and google translate doesnt do a good job of translating it.

i used google translate to translate the entire document, but when i use ctrl-f to find specific things, it doesnt find it because google sucks at translating.

for example:

G Paladin is G Paladino in the guide after translating, and it only shows up 1 time in the guide. Im assuming you probably have it much more than 1 time, but the translating isnt working i guess.

Energiga is translated as curaga
vigore is translated as vigor? Is vigore the energy attack i was mentioning above? your description doesnt indicate that it is a OHKO attack, so i guess i need a high SPR stat to survive it?

also, my parents are from italy :), although i live in North America, so i cant read italian, but i can speak it a little :D

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#36
can i somehow make Tri-Thundaga inflict status ailments? If not, should i just stick with Hell Thundaga?

how significant is the damage difference between the 2?

User Info: CrayonBoy

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#37
With Costly Punch, you should no longer have problems with the Genesis clones? Or maybe it's time to up your VIT and SPR stats. This ugly beast called Wyerd (huge thing that is immune to magic) drops something called Aegis Armlet, which when used in materia fusion will boost either VIT or SPR stats of the materia you are fusing. That was how I got my MUG to +100 SPR etc. You can farm this item from this beast -- which you can OHKO with Costly Punch -- in a couple of easy missions.

I read Hell Thundaga is more badass than Tri-Thundaga... and once you get dualcast it is quite demonic. Having said that dualcast never seem to work for me ><
YuGiOh/ FFVII: CC/ DD:012/ Type0/ X2/ IV/ III/ TO/ P4G/ Ao no Kiseki/ SnK I & II/ SRW ZIII/ Nobunaga: Ascension/ DR 1& 2/ VLR & ZTD/ S;G & S;G0/

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#38
so flare is an instant kill attack unless you have ridiculously high SPR??

it apparently cant be avoided as ive tried dodging/diving a million times, nor can i run away from it using dash, nor does fire absorbing armlets help

wow, i just noticed that VIT maxes out at 255 -_-. Im still getting one-shoted by enemies physical attacks with maxed out VIT??

although costly punch is pretty broken, the windup is annoyingly slow. By the time i run up to the enemy, stop, windup, and attack with costly punch, they already attack me.

Crazy Swords drill attack kills me outright, and i need to use 2 costly punches against him since he has more than 100,000 HP. Not to mention that he has like permanent endure status, so even if i get a costly punch off, he still uses his drill attack to kill me since he doesnt stagger

finally, why are status effect PERMANENT now? Earlier in the game they used to eventually go away, now if i get stopped, i just let myself die

sorry for so many questions, but how much does barrier increase VIT? I cant decide whether to equip a second Shinra Beta+ (80 VIT), or equip the Protect Ring. I would normally equip 2 shinra beta+'s and cast WALL, but i cant even get it off in battle, before i get killed

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#39
umm, what the hell, i just finished 7-6-6 and i always go around the entire area to get all the chests, but from what ive read, there is supposed to be a magic pot somewhere??

the boss at the end of that mission was 3 of those damned ostrich looking fools, so where is the magic pot??

User Info: Spanettone

Spanettone
1 year ago#40
about name translation, in the .xls file I've posted before, you can find the english name of items/materia/monsters on the very right column of each page

there are enemy attacks that ignore your VIT/SPI, so you can be one-shoted even with 255

magic pot is a random encounter but I can ensure that you can find it in that mission. This magic pot is the hardest to deal with because it will request Octaslash
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. First timer ... questions (spoilers?)
  • Topic Archived