First timer ... questions (spoilers?)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. First timer ... questions (spoilers?)

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#21
CrayonBoy posted...
Re: fusion ... at some point you will find materia that have, for example HP +500%

wow seriously, it just shows up with +500%? That would be awesome if i could find that.

Im currently in chapter 10 since i stopped doing missions for a while, but now im trying to do more mission (currently only at 43% progress).

I just made a Hell Thundaga with MP+150%, but i had a question regarding the status ailments it causes:

i only get poison and silence, is there a way to get different status ailments on Hell Thundaga or is it fixed?

CrayonBoy posted...
I had rage quit quite a few times

nice to meet someone who occasionally rages over games like i do :)

FYI - my current highest stat boosts are:

HP -> HP UP+ with HP+180%
MP -> Hell Thundaga with MP+150%
*AP -> Steal with AP+50%
ATK -> ATK UP++ with ATK+21
MAG -> MAG UP++ with MAG+6
VIT -> VIT UP++ with VIT+19
SPR -> Status Ward with SPR+10
LUK -> None of my materia thus far has had a luck stat on it??

*I rarely use AP in this game, probably cause i havent come across a skill that does more DPS than my regular attacks

what 6 materia do you go with in this game? Like what should i be transferring my stats to?

Currently i have:

1) Drain Blade -> i use this instead of curaga because its faster to activate and i dont get hit while doing it (ie i get hit while casting curaga). And when i need healing in a pinch its more reliable because i like spamming thundaga and am constantly using ethers, thus, if i need to be healed and i run out of MP, then i need to use Ether -> Curaga, so simply using Drain Blade is safer.

2) Hell Thundaga

3) Wall

4) ATK UP++ or MAG UP++ -> depending on situation

5) HP UP++ (currently leveling this one)

6) VIT UP++ or Steal -> depending on situation
Girls play video games too you know ;)

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#22
i checked the fusion guide and it says that i should be able to increase HP by 10% by using potions (20x), hi-potions (10x), etc, etc

but its not working??

im fusing the following:

Slot 1 = HP UP++ Lv 2; HP+60%
Slot 2 = HP UP+ Master; HP+180%

the result is

HP UP++ Lv2, HP+ 210%

but when i add 20x potions to the 3rd slot, its still 210%?? Isnt it supposed to go up by 10%? Same is happening for the hi-potions

x-potions, elixirs, phoenix down, work though, so why dont potions and hi-potions??

User Info: Spanettone

Spanettone
1 year ago#23
Potion has "HP + 100%" as limit

Hi-Potion has "HP + 200%" as limit

your resulted materia owns already HP + 210% as result then Potion and Hi-Potion can't increase it anymore, no matter what

you have to add other items to increase it again:
HP + 400%___X-Potion
HP + 400%___HP Mako Stone
HP + 660%___HP Stone
HP + 999%___Fat Chocobo Feather
HP + 999%___Phoenix Down
HP + 999%___Elixir

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#24
Spanettone posted...
Potion has "HP + 100%" as limit

Hi-Potion has "HP + 200%" as limit

ah, i see, thank you :)

i used elixirs and now i have a Wall (mastered) with HP+500%.

im assuming Zack can eventually go over 9999 HP right? cause that 500% HP is pretty much being wasted without BreakHP limit.

ive done all the Hard missions and under for now. There are still a bunch available but they are all listed as Very Hard, and im getting 1-shoted.

im not really sure what my next move is supposed to be, since im already in chapter 10, the game itself is almost over (minus missions), and im still getting killed in the very hard missions and my stats are relatively bad:

with my current setup, my stats are only:

Level 42

HP 9999
MP 555
AP 357

ATK 94
VIT 166
MAG 66
SPR 97
LUK 34

also, does Master Steal have a better chance of stealing than level 1,2,3,4? Like, is that how it works?

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#25
i really hate this fusion stuff.

i just got costly punch via the goblin punch from the waterfall mini game, and i wanted to transfer the +26 atk that i have on my ATK UP++ materia, but whenever i combine them, i create ATK UP++.

i thought the guide said that the higher grade materia is was gets created, and since costly punch is grade 8, shouldnt it NOT disappear when fusing?

the guide lists ATK UP 3 (whatever the hell that is??), im assuming they mean ATK UP++, but why does the same materia have 4 different grades??

ATK UP++ is listed as grades 5,6,7, and 8

based on the guides instructions i cant see a way to transfer ATK + 26 on my ATK UP++ materia onto my costly punch since it appears to already be at grade 8, and no matter what i fuse (based on Rule #4 of BASIC RULES OF MATERIA FUSION), the result will always be grade 8, thus this materia is useless as it will never change to a lower grade than 8.

User Info: CrayonBoy

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#26
Good to see you are making progress TC!

Depending on how hardcore you are, if you wanna complete all missions, it's time to get Costly Punch.

I did it this way (in early game):

Steal (rare) from Vajradhara Kumbhira (mission 444-6, I think)
You need to equip a Brigand's Gloves to ensure you get a punch materia. Check this out for more details:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/925138-crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii/44310145/485298384?slog=1

With Costly Punch, you don't have to worry about maxing the ATK stat cos every hit will be 9999 (or 99999 with limit break) BUT, as you might have read already, Costly Punch only works when your HP hasn't broken its limit, or else it won't make a dent on the enemy!! That is why players normally max out their health when they have Costly Punch equipped. You should be fine since your HP is now 9999. BUT if you have, say, Adaman Bangle equipped, then it's best to max your HP to 99999 (yup, MORE mind-boggling material fusion!)

I also found this list very useful (in case you missed out on some goodies when you were doing the missions):

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23236/t1181348-important-missions-list/

Here you can see which missions are important to find accessories/ materia (in treasure chests)/ shops that you need to upgrade Zack... oh, some of these mission bosses also have rare drops...

Costly Punch will help you survive many of these missions -- but there are some b****** enemies out there -- so, as Cissnei would say, Good Luck!!

im assuming Zack can eventually go over 9999 HP right? cause that 500% HP is pretty much being wasted without BreakHP limit.

There are limit break accessories that you can unlock via missions:
(as mentioned above) Adaman Bangle (break HP limit)
Brutal (break damage limit)
Genji Glove (break damage limit as well as crit every hit)

Here is my latest setup (it's not the best but one that I find fun to have) :-)

(all material mastered)
Costly Punch VIT +50
Darkness HP +999%
Curaga HP + 999%
Mug SPR + 15
Lucky Stars SPR +15
Rebirth Flame MAG +80

All my stats are boosted by equipping Ziedrich
Other equipment:

Genji Shield (worth it but a bit frustrating to get LOL)
Genji Armor
Divine Slayer

But with this kinda setup the last story boss will be a breeze...
YuGiOh/ FFVII: CC/ DD:012/ Type0/ X2/ IV/ III/ TO/ P4G/ Ao no Kiseki/ SnK I & II/ SRW ZIII/ Nobunaga: Ascension/ DR 1& 2/ VLR & ZTD/ S;G & S;G0/

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#27
i really hate this fusion stuff.

oh, just saw this! Congrats on your Costly Punch!! Now go and kick some a** But no, there is no way you can up stats of punch material ><
YuGiOh/ FFVII: CC/ DD:012/ Type0/ X2/ IV/ III/ TO/ P4G/ Ao no Kiseki/ SnK I & II/ SRW ZIII/ Nobunaga: Ascension/ DR 1& 2/ VLR & ZTD/ S;G & S;G0/

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#28
CrayonBoy posted...

oh, just saw this! Congrats on your Costly Punch!! Now go and kick some a** But no, there is no way you can up stats of punch material ><

but you have VIT+50 on your costly punch? Dont tell me i messed it up? Was i supposed to fuse things onto the costly punch INGREDIENTS first, and THEN fuse costly punch?

I was so excited that the walkthrough told me to make it, but it didnt say anything about not being able fuse stats on it afterwards.

EDIT: i just read one of your links, i see that i can get goblin punches from stealing them, but you recommended a Brigands Glove, does that improve stealing? What about leveling the steal materia (i asked earlier if that affect steal success)?

thanks for the links. I gotta admit i hate the OPEN FIELD map missions. The one that is just a giant open grassy plain. I literally just try to find the enemy as fast as possible because the encounter rate is ridiculous.

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#29
CrayonBoy posted...
Costly Punch only works when your HP hasn't broken its limit,

im confused.

-if i have 9999 HP, then costly punch will do 9999 damage
-if i have 21000 HP, then costly punch doesnt work??

what if i have adaman bangle with 21000 HP (not maxed) but also have Brutal, does costly punch still do no damage?

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#30
I hate those open field missions too LOL I tried to look into the distance to see whether I could see the boss and get it over and done with asap. Luckily the more juicy missions are mostly inside a dungeon. But since I'm a sucker for the DMW thingie I don't mind the frequent encounters, esp in the more difficult missions.

Now, re Costly Punch damage, it IS kinda confusing. I am not sure I'm 100% correct (best do a search on this board) but once you have a break HP limit accessory on, your HP is likely to go over esp if you get a DMW result that maxes your HP ...one way to get around this is to have Darkness equipped cos casting that will get your HP down (and below limit) again... but I recommend maxing your HP so 1) you have more HP :-) and 2) Costly Punch will always work ...

Re steal ... I only used that a few times and with the Brigands Gloves equipped, I got what I wanted straightaway.

I think in later game I managed to have more than one Costly Punch and I fused them together (without it changing into something else) -- again my memory on this is very hazy so may not be 100% accurate ><
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. First timer ... questions (spoilers?)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived