• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. Cactaurs (hardest) mission 9-6-1

User Info: CrayonBoy

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#1
Well, I walked right into this one without realising it is supposed to be the hardest mission in the game >< After first couple of tries I was, like, wow, I really need to boost my hp (at the time I only had curaga master hp + 500%, but already have genji shield + raise on, and maxed VIT and SPR).

So I fiddled with materia fusion (terrible at it) and discovered I could combine my curaga materia with status ward (you can buy in shop), which doesn't change curaga to something else (yeah!), plus elixir or fat chocobo feathers (of which I have plenty) to boost %. It cost quite a bit of SP but it did bring the 500% up to 999% (hurrah!)

I went in again and when I got to the boss ... there were THREE of them!!! Luckily, I had the DMW wheel spinning a few times and when those little b*stards got together I just costly punched them to death in one go! Phew!

Now looking forward to stealing lots of phoenix downs from Minerva LOL
YuGiOh/ FFVII: CC/ Dissidia/ Type0/ X2/ TO/ P4G/ Ao no Kiseki/ SnK I & II/ SRW ZIII/ Nobunaga: Ascension/ DR 1& 2/ VLR & ZTD/ Steins;Gate

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#2
Just max-ed HP and replaced brutal with Genji Gloves ... the 9-6-x dungeons are now manageable. I swap between Lucky Stars and Zantetsuken depending on the battle, I find both fun to have :-)

I really don't want this game to end ><
YuGiOh/ FFVII: CC/ Dissidia/ Type0/ X2/ TO/ P4G/ Ao no Kiseki/ SnK I & II/ SRW ZIII/ Nobunaga: Ascension/ DR 1& 2/ VLR & ZTD/ Steins;Gate

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#3
final challenge!

I could max out both VIT and SPR for the Minerva battle BUT I love the DMW so much *lol* I'll stick Lucky Stars in there.

Current setup is:

Costly Punch
Quake + Curaga (to boost HP to 99,999)
Zantetsuken (to max MAG/ Curaga)
Lucky Stars (just for fun ><)
VIT Up++ (to max VIT)

Genji Shield
Genji Glove
Adaman Bangle (don't have the other Genji gears yet)
Ziedrich

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#4
CrayonBoy posted...
final challenge!

I could max out both VIT and SPR for the Minerva battle BUT I love the DMW so much *lol* I'll stick Lucky Stars in there.

Current setup is:

Costly Punch
Quake + Curaga (to boost HP to 99,999)
Zantetsuken (to max MAG/ Curaga)
Lucky Stars (just for fun ><)
VIT Up++ (to max VIT)

Genji Shield
Genji Glove
Adaman Bangle (don't have the other Genji gears yet)
Ziedrich

Okay, the battle with Minerva just felt ... long ...

Here's my tuppence: turns out we do need to have max SPR is well, but max MAG is, like, a bit overrated. I just spammed potions ><

Am I glad I stuck Lucky Stars in there though! Like, I TOTALLY LOVE Cissnei! Whenever I was in a pickle of a situation... Modulating Phase !!! You can DO IT, Zack!!! HURRAH !!! And the Phoenix Down just took care of Judgement Arrow and Ultima.

Now I have Divine Slayer ^^... I just need to complete all missions and, hopefully, 100% all the DMW (Cloud 80%)

CrayonBoy
1 year ago#5
I 100% both the DMW (Cloud, you tease!) and Missions and, truly, Heike Soul is a bit of a downer. Consuming SP? Seriously? So I just stick to my Genji Armour & Shield, as well as Divine Slayer & Ziedrich for stats boost. No need for Genji Glove since Costly Punch is kinda crit every time anyway.

And am keeping Lucky Stars on ... best Materia EVER!
  1. Boards
  2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  3. Cactaurs (hardest) mission 9-6-1
  • Topic Archived