• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. Crystal Calamity help

User Info: Djanki

Djanki
11 years ago#1

Queen Beryl taught us that magic crystals can help us rule/destroy the world, and AWDS is continuing that tradition with the Black Crystals and, the *shudder* Black Obelisk.

I've been getting plowed over a lot in Crystal Calamity; those dang infantry keep swarming, my GE forces, and that Megatank isn't a walk in the park, either. I use Jake/Rachel for OS, Colin/Sasha for GE, and anyone for BM, btw. Help?

User Info: Dragon Fogel

Dragon Fogel
11 years ago#2
http://forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=8584

The first post is a strategy for taking the silos quickly. You get Green Earth's silos on Day 5, Orange Star's before anything gets near them, and nothing really tries to stop you from getting Blue Moon's. You can have all silos launched by Day 7.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to work out a very detailed strategy for the rest of the map, but it's not too hard to finish it once the silos are launched.
Dragon Fogel, Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis.
Don't call me "Dragon".

User Info: dragnmaninferno

dragnmaninferno
11 years ago#3
Just make sure to use grit for OS that way his rocket and/or artillery can reach the crystal without having to break through the pipe seam. Good luck some of the last missions are a pain.

User Info: Dragon Fogel

Dragon Fogel
11 years ago#4
You can't use Grit for that mission on Normal Campaign. Anyhow, you can still reach the Black Obelisk with a rocket without breaking through the pipeline.

I tend to use Grimm/Sensei on OS, because the added power helps with destroying the second Oozium for extra points. (I usually don't have any trouble destroying the first one.)
Dragon Fogel, Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis.
Don't call me "Dragon".

User Info: Djanki

Djanki
11 years ago#5
In the name of Blue Moon, thank you. *salutes*
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. Crystal Calamity help
  • Topic Archived