• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. I main Kanbei. Should I be ashamed?

User Info: paladin_man

paladin_man
11 years ago#1
Kanbei is awesome. But I don't think he's too uber to the point he's broken.

User Info: nerd-boy

nerd-boy
11 years ago#2
Very.
This sig space intentionally left blank.

User Info: thecooltodd

thecooltodd
11 years ago#3
My main is Hachi, so no you shouldn't. But I try not to use him.
"Welcome to GameFAQs. Enjoy your stay." ~Blitzbolt
Rubik's Cube (3x3x3) solved in 20.87 seconds by me. ^_^
metroid composite 11 years ago#4
Depends.

If you're talking campaign mode, then yes, he's broken since most of your units are pre-bought.
If you're talking pre-deployed maps, then yes, he's broken since all of your units are pre-bought.
If you're talking VS mode with two COs, then yes, he's broken, since the allied CO can do the buying.
If you're talking VS mode with skills turned on, then yes, he's broken, since the defence formula is degenerate at higher numbers.

If you're talking VS mode with one CO, skills turned off, then...he's high-tier, but not broken-tier. Which is to say, he's probably the fifth best character in the game. Then again, most of the characters above him tend to get banned in fair matches anyway.
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

User Info: Chimamire_Ninja

Chimamire_Ninja
11 years ago#5
It also depends on how good you are at the game. Being someone who isn't particularly good at the game, when you don't realise how easy he is to maul people with despite expensive deployment then he isn't as much of a threat.
The true Blind_assassin
OMG, youre such a nationalist! I am call policecops on you!

User Info: thecooltodd

thecooltodd
11 years ago#6
Most players ban him because of his broken stats of 130/130
"Welcome to GameFAQs. Enjoy your stay." ~Blitzbolt
Rubik's Cube (3x3x3) solved in 20.87 seconds by me. ^_^
metroid composite 11 years ago#7
Most players ban him because of his broken stats of 130/130

Um, dude, this is AWDS. His stats are 120/120 here. (Still very good, but nowhere near the 130/130 power level).
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

User Info: paladin_man

paladin_man
11 years ago#8
I never go Dual/Skills. Ever

I love FoW. Actually 9/10 games are FoW. Its the best.

I beat lots of people using Kanbei.

Then again my friends all main Eagle, Andy, Jess and Hawke.

And they all think Grit was bad. Until I showed them what Grit was made of.

And the noob player mains Colin. >_>
metroid composite 11 years ago#9
Then again my friends all main Eagle, Andy, Jess and Hawke.

Those are all decent against Kanbei in the right situation.

Eagle should have a decent match against him in air maps.
Jess should have a decent match against him on large land maps. (Not small land maps, though--her Infantry/Mech don't cut it).
Hawke is all about stalling. The more units there are waiting on both sides of a big chokepoint mess, the better Hawke's powers become, and Kanbei is defence oriented. Sure, 120 power, but that's more than offset by the 120 cost, and his good CO power is defence oriented too (it can force opponents to retreat, but it's not ideal for breaking barriers and taking out the opponent's money-units).
Andy...well maybe not. Then again, I always find him hard to judge, so...perhaps. For instance, when the opponent outnumbers you it's usually not an option to chase down and kill injured units, plus counter-damage is an important issue when playing against Kanbei. Hence Andy's healing could maybe be more useful than normal in this match (or he might simply be screwed; hard to say without careful testing).
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. I main Kanbei. Should I be ashamed?
  • Topic Archived