• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: EchelonThree

EchelonThree
11 years ago#21
Frankly, him using only tag powers is a horrible waste, he should have been Snipe attacking and gold rushing with the occasional PoM, but to use only tags is a mistake

his tag always cleared me out but i would jump back in the area w/ my own tag or sonjas SCOP. i soon learned why he was only making artillerys for ind. when he used his fifth tag and built 4 mega tanks on the first turn and then 4 neos on the change. again he devastated my neos and mids. but he made a mistake and left an OPENING! i used my tag, moved my loaded apc near his hq, attacked his artillery w/ recons and tanks, weakened his megas & neos w/ my ind., and surrounded my capturing infantry.

There's your problem....
[A moderator was deleted at the request of this signature]

User Info: thecooltodd

thecooltodd
11 years ago#22
Test 4 - 3 Questions: When playing as colin.....
Did your opponent COP before buying, or buy, and then COP?
Did your opponent SCOP and attack before buying?
How much money did your opponent have before using his SCOP?

Let's make that 5 questions, did he only switch to Colin for one turn to use Gold Rush?
Did he use Gold Rush after attacking?

Overall question:
Did your opponent use tag powers often?
"Welcome to GameFAQs. Enjoy your stay." ~Blitzbolt
Rubik's Cube (3x3x3) solved in 20.87 seconds by me. ^_^

thecooltodd
11 years ago#23
Grit is the most overrated CO ever. I actually find him to be one of the easiest CO's to beat, to be honest.

Are you talking about a CPU Grit? Computer Grits are very unintelligent because they don't build Artilleries and other indirect units like it should. It tends to build the same thing every other CO builds.

If you think he's overrated, battle me on AWBW.

to answer the guy up there..battle was a few days ago so ill try my best to remember...
he always saved his meter for tag only. battle was not in FoW even though i requested it. i dont remember the stage but i started in the top right, enemy in bottom left. at least three of his five tags started w/ colin so he could attack then make artillery only. i used sonjas counter break and threw my men on the main battle area to keep his directs busy. i made holes in his stupid meat wall and took his ind. w/ nell.

You did have a good strategy, but your friend was playing Grit/Colin HORRIBLY WRONG. Horrible. Tag powers for them suck, individual switching of COs and using COPs are a much more effective strategy.

What about if someone couldn't win with a Grit+Hachi combo? I beat my friend who used that combo with Andy+Hawke (who are both supposedly balanced CO's).

Either they are a horrible player or you're a really good one. XD
But honestly, there may be map biases such as bigger maps where Hawke could just dominate from using his COP and SCOP.
Just like how Rachel is broken on small maps.

User Info: tsudawuda

tsudawuda
11 years ago#24
i guess i was doing good. i got called for a rematch tomorrow. im gonna use sonja and sami this time.
i keel joo wit my sword thing!
funny since i use bows :)

thecooltodd
11 years ago#25
Do you think you'll win? If so, try only using 1 CO. If you win it'll prove you're insanely good or your friend sucks. =D

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
11 years ago#26
nice...i think andy and hawke overall is a decent combo....
Jaonithin lv 11x sniper
Beelocan started octobet 15, 2006

thecooltodd
11 years ago#27
I think you can pretty much turn any two COs into a good tag.
metroid composite 11 years ago#28
Grit is a horrible tag partner.

Grit/Colin > Kanbei/Colin. At least on land/sea maps assuming skills-off, Grit's D2D and CO powers are better than Kanbei's, before considering cost issues. (And "buy with Colin, switch to Kanbei" is already considered a damn strong tactic). The way Grit loses is when someone power-rushes him before he can get a critical mass of indirect set up, and Colin can buy such a critical mass for him very quickly.

Though...yeah, only using TCOPs with that team is a big waste.
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision
metroid composite 11 years ago#29

Lash/Von-Bolt?
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

User Info: EchelonThree

EchelonThree
11 years ago#30

Lash/Von-Bolt?

Actually, von bolt is one of the stronger COs, maybe something like Adder/Flak?

Grit/Colin > Kanbei/Colin. At least on land/sea maps assuming skills-off, Grit's D2D and CO powers are better than Kanbei's, before considering cost issues. (And "buy with Colin, switch to Kanbei" is already considered a damn strong tactic). The way Grit loses is when someone power-rushes him before he can get a critical mass of indirect set up, and Colin can buy such a critical mass for him very quickly.

this is a great way to put it, if at any point you allow grit to set up his artillery in a strong defensive formation with meatshields, then you basically lose, but in the early game, grit is one of the WEAKER ones, his true power comes only when he has about 4-5 artillery out with their accompanying infantry.

Colin on the other hand, is broken from the start....

I'l REALLY laugh if someone couldn't win with a Colin-Hachi combo...
[A moderator was deleted at the request of this signature]
  • Topic Archived