• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: tsudawuda

tsudawuda
11 years ago#1
my friend, who was using colin and grit who are two of the three broken characters, got owned by me who was using nell and more importantly sonja. one of the biggest achievment i did in this game. and it took half an hour and countless amounts of tag powers. in the end i was able to work my way around the battlefield and capture the hq. take that stupid brokens.
i keel joo wit my sword thing!
funny since i use bows :)

User Info: Asa_Lothario

Asa_Lothario
11 years ago#2
That's impressive. Though they don't have a Tag Power, human players could DEVASTATE by using PoM first to work people, cheaply build indirects, then have Grit clear the hallway with a strong (and pretty much unfair barrage...) Chances are, however, that game's AI isn't as advanced as the game's title.
I want Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Team Fortress 2, and a club sandwich!

tsudawuda
11 years ago#3
true. i waited and defended wisely with sonjas counter break and moved them all to gain his indirect's attention. i spent at least twenty minutes trying to bring a loaded apc around the area. we each lost at least 30 units each.

User Info: SpeedDemon20

SpeedDemon20
11 years ago#4
Erm... how do I say this... Tags are more broken than broken COs. Also, Nell and Sonja are pretty powerful COs themselves.
Just call me Speed.
PretzelMe, the nicest PotDer... for the next two months...

User Info: thecooltodd

thecooltodd
11 years ago#5
Tags are more broken than COs... but good job still!
"Welcome to GameFAQs. Enjoy your stay." ~Blitzbolt
Rubik's Cube (3x3x3) solved in 20.87 seconds by me. ^_^

tsudawuda
11 years ago#6
when i say countless tags i meant his. he did five around and i only did two. i was relying on super powers more.
and he always put down sonja cuz he thinks shes made only for FoW.

User Info: Asa_Lothario

Asa_Lothario
11 years ago#7
Sonja's pretty much my favorite CO; I do like the people she works with too -- Sami and Kanbei a little more than Lash.
I want Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Team Fortress 2, and a club sandwich!

User Info: thecooltodd

thecooltodd
11 years ago#8
when i say countless tags i meant his. he did five around and i only did two. i was relying on super powers more.
and he always put down sonja cuz he thinks shes made only for FoW.

And when I say Tags are broken I'm referring simply to the fact that you have 2 COs. For example, Colin + Kanbei is VERY BROKEN, even moreso that just Colin.

Another example is Eagle + Sami, neither broken on their own but they can have devastating results together with 15% luck. They also have the ability to capture an HQ at an unnatural distance, but that doesn't work on humans.

Sensei + Sami for obvious reasons. They don't need the Tag powers to be broken. And you get the idea.

But still tsudawuda, good job.
"Welcome to GameFAQs. Enjoy your stay." ~Blitzbolt
Rubik's Cube (3x3x3) solved in 20.87 seconds by me. ^_^

User Info: EchelonThree

EchelonThree
11 years ago#9
my friend, who was using colin and grit who are two of the three broken characters, got owned by me who was using nell and more importantly sonja. one of the biggest achievment i did in this game. and it took half an hour and countless amounts of tag powers. in the end i was able to work my way around the battlefield and capture the hq. take that stupid brokens.

To put it very directly, if someone couldn't win with a grit+colin combo, then something's gone wrong.

Was this battle in fog? because if it was, then it could really turn the tide of the battle as suddenly sonja becomes a valuable asset, if it wasn't, then something must have gone horribly wrong for Colin+ Grit.

I really don't see any was out of fog in order for Grit and Colin to lose to Nell and Sonja, I can see how Fog would have won it had it been on, but if there was no fog, then the battle is a pushover for colin.

A good player would have used gold rush with colin, and started cranking out ARTILLERY.

Test ONE: As grit, did your opponent build artillery over rockets?
If he built rockets then he's not a very good player.

From there, if it was in fog, he would have put his artillery in the woods

Test TWO Part a: If in fog, did he hide in the woods?

He should then have proceeded to built loads of infantry as colin to meatshield (block) your units from attacking his.
Test TWO part b: Did he meatshield?

Test 3: Did he use Grit's COP or SCOP more often?
Grit's COP is far better in terms of stars than his SCOP, as the single extra space won't be much use except in certain circumstances.

Test 4 - 3 Questions: When playing as colin.....
Did your opponent COP before buying, or buy, and then COP?
Did your opponent SCOP and attack before buying?
How much money did your opponent have before using his SCOP?

These are pretty much the checks you can use to find out what went wrong for the Colin-Grit team

In fog, nell and sonja have a good chance, but outside of fog, I'll give nell and sonja at best a 20% chance of winning
[A moderator was deleted at the request of this signature]

User Info: DTaeKim

DTaeKim
11 years ago#10
Grit is a horrible tag partner.
Dum spiro, spero.
As long as I breathe, I hope.
  • Topic Archived