• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. is it ok to start with this game? (in the series)

User Info: agenttan

agenttan
11 years ago#1
i haven't played the first two. i heard there is a continuation of a storyline (didn't want to read the review further due to spoilers).
Genius has limitations, but stupidity is boundless.
Proud 20,000,000th Topic Creator

User Info: BillyCoenRE0

BillyCoenRE0
11 years ago#2
It's fine to start with this one, as far as story goes not a lot carries over from the previous games, just a little background on the armies and COs.
Justice prevails. Evil justice.

User Info: Crunchyrock

Crunchyrock
11 years ago#3
I would encourage you to get the first 2. If anything, it will help you appreciate the third one more, plus it's cool to see how the people and units change as it goes

User Info: Meowgoocat

Meowgoocat
11 years ago#4
It's fine to start with this one. The story is practically non-existant, especially in terms of things carrying over.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.

User Info: AkoaysiGOD

AkoaysiGOD
11 years ago#5
This is the best one that's come out so far. I'm just a fan of being able to do everything with just the touch screen.

As far as the story goes, screw it. I skipped through the story in all three games now. Unless you're 11 it won't be that cool. Even then it probably still sucks. The dialouge is horrid. The story is really the biggest downfall of the game. That and CO powers but that's a whole other issue.
God **** the planet screaming, "What on Earth is that?!"

User Info: GameguruVIII

GameguruVIII
11 years ago#6
Woah, Muska, you're being pretty harsh there. The only dialogue that was considerably bad was anything that came out of Jake's mouth. And even then, his speech in the ending was alright.
Back from the grave,
It is I, the mystery man from the deep!

User Info: Booshalicious

Booshalicious
11 years ago#7
Jake's dialogue was hilarious. The attempt to replicate the contemporary teenager failed so horribly I couldn't stop laughing.

Seriously. "Phat beats"... "Owned"... It could possibly only be beaten by "noob" in the Pokemon DS games.
Brick Elite
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. is it ok to start with this game? (in the series)
  • Topic Archived