• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: silentbobus

silentbobus
11 years ago#51
I must admit, I've never liked the idea of using people as meat shields. I suppose they probably cost too little, since the same exact unit costs 1500 in the next Advance Wars game. Actually, a good but somewhat morbid twist... infantry should cost 1000, but require you to play an extra 500 for burial money. Actually, I've often thought you should lose money when any unit is killed, but that might just be a holdover from my days of playing Super Conflict.

I am certain that copters vs AA with anyone other than Sensei is suicide, even at 2 copters per AA. Bombers cost too much to be effective against AA, but that is true with everyone, not just Grit.

So I suppose that if time and technique are not a factor, Grit will always be a good CO to play. Personally, I still like Colin and Hachi :-p

User Info: DTaeKim

DTaeKim
11 years ago#52
I think that match was wiped out due to a purge, but it was an ugly one.

Who did FHQ use against Grit?
Dum spiro, spero.
As long as I breathe, I hope.

User Info: thomasgx1

thomasgx1
11 years ago#53
I dont think you should throw out that challenge to easily.

I would give you a run for your money on an open map with either sensei, eagle or nell/kanbei (or are they not usable?).

I totally agree with you that Grit is broken but i'm not sure it would be the right way to prove it with such an open challenge :OP
www.mariokart64.com/mksc

User Info: thecooltodd

thecooltodd
11 years ago#54
I think that match was wiped out due to a purge, but it was an ugly one.

Who did FHQ use against Grit?

Oh yeah... FHQ used Sturm and resigned because the excuse was something like "Sturm's Meteor hit the wrong spot" or something like that.

I dont think you should throw out that challenge to easily.

I would give you a run for your money on an open map with either sensei, eagle or nell/kanbei (or are they not usable?).

I totally agree with you that Grit is broken but i'm not sure it would be the right way to prove it with such an open challenge :OP

Yes it is. There is no other way in hell that I'll prove Grit is broken by having a map that is biased in favor of Grit. A "broken" CO is a CO that is good in almost every circumstance. If Grit fails at open maps, then he is not broken. That would mean he is only situationally broken, and that goes to people like Javier on maps where there are 10 Com Towers or Kindle/Sensei/Sasha on maps with lots of cities.

Basically Grit does not need choke points to be broken.
"Welcome to GameFAQs. Enjoy your stay." ~Blitzbolt
Rubik's Cube (3x3x3) solved in 20.87 seconds by me. ^_^

DTaeKim
11 years ago#55
Sensei is on the broken tier in AWBW.

Eagle? He won't last against Grit, though it would be an interesting fight. Same goes for Nell.

Kanbei is on the broken tier in AWBW as well thanks to that insane D2D, but I've defeated a Kanbei before with Grit.
Dum spiro, spero.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
11 years ago#56
That battle was hilarious. He was relying on Sturm's Meteor Strike. <<;

And he didn't realise that it was AW1 Vs Sturm, not AW2 Sturm.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
www.customwars.com - Custom Wars - Advance Wars - With Custom flavour!

thecooltodd
11 years ago#57
lol, I wonder who Anzar is planning to use.

User Info: sc_ajk29

sc_ajk29
11 years ago#58

You all are forgetting that Grit, not only being the most overrated CO ever, has a HUGE weakness in Dual Strike: STEALTH FIGHTERS!!! Missiles and Carriers are incapable of hitting cloaked stealth fighters, while the only units that can hit them are fighters and other stealth fighters, which are *VOLIA* direct-combat units!! And if I'm not mistaken, Grit is weak in direct combat, yes?

Not to mention the fact that Stealth fighers kill of indirects easily, especially if you play as Eagle, Max, or Kanbei.

DTaeKim
11 years ago#59
Stealths are overpriced and negated by Fighters. Direct weakness or not, Grit's Fighters will fend off the opponent's stealths. You're better off purchasing Black Bombs if you intend to go air against Grit, or B-copters because they are a lot cheaper than Stealths and do the same job.

The problem with air units is the fact Fighters dominate all in the skies except for Black Bombs, and Grit's Fighters do well enough to defend his units from the enemy's air units.
Dum spiro, spero.

thecooltodd
11 years ago#60
You all are forgetting that Grit, not only being the most overrated CO ever, has a HUGE weakness in Dual Strike: STEALTH FIGHTERS!!! Missiles and Carriers are incapable of hitting cloaked stealth fighters, while the only units that can hit them are fighters and other stealth fighters, which are *VOLIA* direct-combat units!! And if I'm not mistaken, Grit is weak in direct combat, yes?

Not to mention the fact that Stealth fighers kill of indirects easily, especially if you play as Eagle, Max, or Kanbei.

lmao, Stealth Fighters.

It's ok I guess:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r162/thecooltodd/maxattackwithstealth.jpg

But good luck buying Stealths while Grit is busy owning his way through your units and capturing your cities.
  • Topic Archived