You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Well I decided to do the calculations, and it seems that the price of the indirect units is roughly proportional to the number of squares that the unit can target. So a regular artillery can target 20 squares and costs 6000, and a regular rocket can target 48 squares and costs 15000.
This means that Grit's artillery would cost 11000, and his rockets would cost 22000 if you could buy an equivalent unit. So either way, you are getting a very good value for those units, even better than Colin/Hiachi units. Of course Colin and Hiachi get their discounts on all units but still.
As a side note, Max's artillery would cost 2500, and his rockets, 8500. So... don't buy them!
1) I too played only the computer (about 1000hrs) now i think on my ds (having played aw2) and can beat most of it pretty easily. I'm not so much into the stats but i know what works and what doesn't. (Still need a few war room s-ranks though). However, when dtk introduced me to Advance Wars By Web (online AW) i got beaten all the time. Reason was because i couldn't abuse the tag power AI and stuff so i had to learn to play in a completely - and i mean complete different way.
2) I played agame recently (thomasgx1 on awbw) called battle of the brokens where it was me as sensei vs three kanbei players (it was a small map where he is favoured) yet had many cities and bases and i won! (woop woop!)
3) I know all CO's have favourable match ups etc but the top three are broken because up against another CO they dont fail. Sensei is beaten by Sasha because he is largely only over powered due to his cop and scop.
4) I dont by the kindle thing, most of the time most maps wont have an abundance of cities and if they did you'd rarely leave units on them to suffer urban blight. I rarely lose against people who play her but i've recently got some games where i'm using her and i'm not sure how its going tbh.
5) I think Andy is "high". I play a very strong Andy game by using an in an out mechanism then SCOP'ing my way back into games.