• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. "Error :-2147467261(Invalid pointer)". Help PLEASE

User Info: xLilZoey

xLilZoey
10 years ago#1
Hi, i've played maplestory for a long time now but i quite a while ago. my friend wanted me to try this private server "twilight ms" but i found after playing it for a day when i tried to log on after selecting my guy normaly it would go to a black screen and close down showing me "Error :-2147467261(Invalid pointer)". and "Sound_DX8:DirectX 8.1 initialization failed"
i've read some forums about this error but none where helpful. if anyone has some tips or knows how to fix this please help mee D:

User Info: Sw1tchBlade

Sw1tchBlade
10 years ago#2
I only know that invalid pointer is a glitch in the server. It probably only happens when you get to a certain spot on a map. Mine disconnected and had that error whenever anyone would go to the right of the Henesys map. I don't think there's any way to fix it.

User Info: xLilZoey

xLilZoey
10 years ago#3
thanks. but where you able to use you're account ever again? it's done it to two accounts of mine now

User Info: Sw1tchBlade

Sw1tchBlade
10 years ago#4
I just stayed away from that specific spot, and I don't think its an account thing, its something wrong with the server.
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. "Error :-2147467261(Invalid pointer)". Help PLEASE
  • Topic Archived