• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. gameguard: Error initializing(114)?

User Info: Todasmile

Todasmile
11 years ago#1
so yeah im getting this little error note thing... and i just installed it... ill type out the description

Gameguard: Error initializing(114)

An error occured while resetting gameguard. Please try rebooting the system before restarting the client,or close all programs that may potencially collide with the client before restarting. We also recommend running virus/spyware checks for your system.

can anyone help?
Not changing this sig 'til christmas- started 12/24/07

User Info: novamaster0

novamaster0
11 years ago#2
Turn off your hacks
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
- Douglas Adams

User Info: Sin Jackal

Sin Jackal
11 years ago#3
It's not hacks. Actually,. my girlfriend just installed the game and can't play because she gets that error. She doesn't hack a game she's never played before. . .

Not to mention she doesn't use hacks on games she has played :P

I'd like to know if there's a solution to that problem too. It's obviously software related to their PC. But I'm not exactly sure what it is.

For the guy that originally posted, try to reinstall your windows (you don't have to format, but you'll have to reinstall all your programs. You will still have all your old stuff though). That may help you. I was going to get my gf to do that, but she doesn't have her windows install disc. -_-

Anyway, if anyone actually knows what this is, if it can be cured via some clicks and whatever, that'd be sweet.

User Info: Sin Jackal

Sin Jackal
11 years ago#4
No one knows? (bump)

User Info: Evil_Death

Evil_Death
11 years ago#5
i think it's a vista problem, i get the same error and it makews my computer crap bricks.
Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it.

User Info: Arcanine04

Arcanine04
11 years ago#6
Make sure your firewall is turned on and Maple Story isn't on the blockage list.
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. gameguard: Error initializing(114)?
  • Topic Archived