• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch
  3. This has to be the easiest RPG I've ever played.

User Info: Saihig

Saihig
4 months ago#1
Not only is this the least challenging RPG, but the battles play themselves. You rarely have to do anything. In fact, I even suspect that they removed some battles.
It's my understanding that the original was not like this though. I'm pretty sure that this version of the game was made purely for people to experience the story.
The story was okay. Some parts I really liked, others were too unbelievable or way too convenient.
Are sigs really necessary? Who came up with this stuff?
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
4 months ago#2
Glad you played it.
This series was one of my favorites a few years ago.
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

User Info: gbarpger

gbarpger
3 months ago#3
Yeah, probably one of the easiest turn based games I've played, not even one game over through the whole game. I don't think the game's bad tho, and the story is likeable, but it should have been released first instead of Tear of Vermillion (which is a lot longer).
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Crocosquirrel

Crocosquirrel
2 weeks ago#4
Chronologically, ToV was fist, then Song of the Ocean, followed by MW. However, when they localized it, they collected all the history bits for the final being Song. So, you still play that one last, because you don't have the complete history without it.

Also, ToV is much longer, because you have to walk the entire world like three times. Huge pain in the arse.

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
4 hours ago#5
Crocosquirrel is correct on the chronological order of the Gagharv Trilogy of LoH games.
History
The Gagharv rift split the world into three parts: El Philden to the west, Tirasweel to the East, and Weltluna to the South.
AG is After Gagharv for dates occurring after the Gagharv rift was formed.
US Legend Of Heroes I: A Tear of Vermillion takes place in El Philden. LOH-III US in-game history shows the date of this episode as AG 936.
US The Legend Of Heroes III: A Song of the Ocean (US final episode of trilogy) takes place in Weltluna. LOH-III US in-game history shows the date of this episode as AG 943.
US Legend Of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch takes place in Tirasweel. LOH-III US in-game history shows the date of this episode as AG 992.
In spite of all other considerations for the order in which to play the US games of this trilogy, Song of the Ocean should be played after you have game completed saves for Tear of Vermilion and Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch. The reason is that in Song, you can load data from those saves and it not only gives you all the history, it unlocks possibilities in a special scenario.
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch
  3. This has to be the easiest RPG I've ever played.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A