• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
4 years ago#1
The Gagharv rift split the world into three parts: El Philden to the west, Tirasweel to the East, and Weltluna to the South.
AG is After Gagharv for dates occurring after the Gagharv rift was formed.
US Legend Of Heroes I: A Tear of Vermillion takes place in El Philden. LOH-III US in-game history shows the date of this episode as AG 936.
US The Legend Of Heroes III: A Song of the Ocean (US final episode of trilogy) takes place in Weltluna. LOH-III US in-game history shows the date of this episode as AG 943.
US Legend Of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch takes place in Tirasweel. LOH-III US in-game history shows the date of this episode as AG 992.
In spite of all other considerations for the order in which to play the US games of this trilogy, Song of the Ocean should be played after you have game completed saves for Tear of Vermilion and Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch. The reason is that in Song, you can load data from those saves and it not only gives you all the history, it unlocks possibilities in a special scenario.
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

User Info: AddaHorrorGames

AddaHorrorGames
4 years ago#2
This is a bit confusing. So I suppose I need to play A Tear of Vermillion next and leave the Song for last.

I don't really like playing in a non-chronological order. If I knew the Moonlight Witch was the last chronologically, I'd probably leave it for last.

Don't get me wrong, but it's just weird to play a prequel, and then a prequel of a prequel. But I heard that the Song game spoils something in other two and that's why it should be played last.

oldguy2
4 years ago#3
The only way to have the history info I posted above is to complete all three games with Song last and in Song to have loaded the data from the previous two.
There is no problem playing in US or Japan release order, just play Song last. The reason is to enable loading save data from the other two games and thus give you the ability to experience all portions of the Song game.
The sequence of the Gagharv history is not really important during game play.

AddaHorrorGames
4 years ago#4
Hmm the history for this game is only 89% complete for me :( Does it mean I won't have all portions of the Song game after importing it?

What kind of save do I need btw? The one before the final battle? I didn't save afterwards and I'm not sure it's possible, it's all just a long cutscene, right?

P.S. I can swear that the battle with Revas has music that I've heard in Trails Second Chapter, at least the very beginning of that theme is incredibly familiar, later it diverges from the familiar tune. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me... :\

User Info: Negima15

Negima15
4 years ago#5
AddaHorrorGames posted...
P.S. I can swear that the battle with Revas has music that I've heard in Trails Second Chapter, at least the very beginning of that theme is incredibly familiar, later it diverges from the familiar tune. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me... :\

I haven't played Trails in the Sky SC but I wouldn't be too surprised if something like that popped up. There's a track in Song of the Ocean that has a melody that is nearly identical to FC's Silver Will.
Memento mori...

oldguy2
4 years ago#6
Hope to see the above posters over on the Tear of Vermillion board soon as they play that game.
For loading previous games' data when playing Song of the Ocean, that option becomes available about mid game and the saves will be those you had near the end of each of the prior games.
When you get to Song of the Ocean, search that board for Load to get a bit more info.

User Info: helldew

helldew
4 years ago#7
Play song of the ocean last no matter what also tear of vermilion and POTMW are interchangeable. TBH i think playing TOV makes more sense first even if the japanese order is this game came first.
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion

AddaHorrorGames
4 years ago#8
The Vermillion board looks dead, I'm not sure I want to post there... Should I make a playthrough topic over there? I'm not really good at posting my playthrough experiences. Haven't started the game yet, though, I've been trying out FFVI that recently came out on PC. The battle system is so weird, hopefully I can tweak it in the config to be more akin to turn-based. Anyway I plan to leave it for later and finish the Gagharv games first.

oldguy2
4 years ago#9
If you post on the Vermillion board, it will no longer be dead and may encourage others to play and post.
You don't have to post narratives of all your experiences as you did on the Moonlight board, but that was interesting. If you want to post less, comments and questions are great.
Enjoy!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A