• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Front Mission 5: Scars of the War
  3. Out of Front Mission 1-5 who you think are the best Wanzers squads?

User Info: Vegeta9005

Vegeta9005
1 year ago#1
To be honest, I would say Front Mission First are the best, the Canyon Crows with Royd Clive as their leader literally destroy everybody and easily destroy the Hell's Wall squad who were supposed to be the elites of the elites by how people talk about them and how shock they are when they learn they were wipe out and so on.

They even take out Driscoll who in my opinion is probably one of the most dangerous guy in the whole serie if you compare him to other main antagonist.

My close second choice might be Walter and his squad the Strike Wyvern since they do take out The Grimnir who were pretty much the most badass guys out there along with Morgan Bernard,

I didn't played FM2 and barely played 3 but I didn't heard much good about FM3 pilots and I don't know much about FM2, as for FM4 well Darill himself is good but his squad isn't what I would call super badass as for Durandal well I do not remember seeing them do anything super impressive like FM1 and FM5 squads did literally winning wars and or taking down very nasty enemies.
Red is a Pokemon Master.
Ash is a failure who, after 600 episodes, has not accomplished much. (At least he have Eternal Youth I guess.)

User Info: RogueEngineer

RogueEngineer
1 year ago#2
I had to think about this one. Based on the games I've played (Front mission 1, 3 - 5), the Canyon Crows and Strike Wyverns are definitely good squads, but they are both made of professional wanzer pilots. Even the Durandal and Darill's squads are meant to be full-time pilots.

Compared to Front Mission 3 where you start out with two wanzer test pilots who had never really been in actual missions. Many of the characters in FM3 I would not classify as professionals, yet they manage to defeat pilots that were specifically MADE to be the best! I think that gives Kazuki and company some credit, even though it wasn't an official squad like the others.

Having said that, I am probably a bit biased as FM3 was the first game I played. I thoroughly enjoyed the other games in the series, but FM3 to me seems to have the best story of all the games. FM3's gameplay may not be the best (I did think FM5's gameplay was an upgrade over FM4, but the storyline wasn't as good.

User Info: Vegeta9005

Vegeta9005
1 year ago#3
Well In term of best game for Gameplay for me it would be...

FM5 > FM1 > FM4 > FM3

FM3 is a good game but for some reasons I just couldn't get into the gameplay in general maybe it was the weird graphic? I'm not too sure, FM5 was really amazing though and FM1 is just in general a master pieces for its time, I really like the battles and so on, FM4 was pretty meh in general but I loved the animations, and the gameplay it was pretty good for its time.

As for best game for story/plots it would be...

FM5 > FM1 > FM3 > FM4

FM4 just having an awful plot and story in general but that is my opinions I didn't got into it at all at any point but the gameplay keept me going, FM5 was a 10/10 for me I loved everything about it the main reason being because of the fact the game takes part in events of other FM games and is linked to all of the other FM games at some degree. Even if the ending really sucked with Lynn and left me with a really bad feeling for a week or two...

For FM1 I truly enjoyed the mercenary type plot just that squad of badasses going around literally winning the war almost by themselve and Driscoll being one really good antagonist. (Also the remake of the game with a second story with Kevin was really good too.)

FM3, I do not remember much about it in general but I do remember loving the plot with Emir/Emma.

And if I had to list the games depending on their musics it would be...

FM1 >>>> FM4 = FM3 = FM5.

FM1 have really amazing music especially the battle theme it never get old all the other games are pretty much equal to me in general though with FM4 having a really good training music theme.
Red is a Pokemon Master.
Ash is a failure who, after 600 episodes, has not accomplished much. (At least he have Eternal Youth I guess.)

User Info: RogueEngineer

RogueEngineer
1 year ago#4
Vegeta9005 posted...
Well In term of best game for Gameplay for me it would be...

FM5 > FM1 > FM4 > FM3

FM3 is a good game but for some reasons I just couldn't get into the gameplay in general maybe it was the weird graphic? I'm not too sure, FM5 was really amazing though and FM1 is just in general a master pieces for its time, I really like the battles and so on, FM4 was pretty meh in general but I loved the animations, and the gameplay it was pretty good for its time.

I was reading up on the FM series and it was stated FM3 was one of the least popular of the series due to the changes to the gameplay. It certainly was faster paced than the other games. It also stated that FM3 had worse graphics than FM2 due to the fact the FM2's higher resolution models caused long load times.

One particular problem I had when I started playing FM4 was the hit-rate and/or damage was quite low until later in the game. The weapons did not feel very powerful as most shots would miss the target and it would take considerable amount of time to destroy opponents. I felt they fixed this in FM5 as I did not recall this issue. In FM3, there is a certain satisfaction when a shotgun blast literally rips apart an enemy wanzer. :)

FM5 seems to take the base of FM4 and improve upon it, but the part that always bugged me was the computer controlled characters in the arena. It is frustrating to see your player get destroyed in matches that could easily be winnable. That, or watching a battle drag on due to both the player and enemy being damaged enough that it's a bit of a stalemate.

In terms of plots, I do agree that FM4's plot is the weakest as I really can't remember as to why things were happening in Europe and Venezuela. My gauge for whether a plot was good or not is if I can at least remember what it was all about. I really enjoyed how there were two storylines in FM3 and was surprised at where the game branches out. The multiple storylines allow you see how things played out from a different point of view (e.g working with the USN in one story versus being adversaries in another). That part is what I wish the other games would have offered as it really adds to the replayability.

User Info: burzhuj

burzhuj
1 year ago#5
I personally would like to see the remake of all the first games of the series (from the first to the fifth) based on the graphics engine and the gameplay features of FM5.
I really like graphics of FM4 and FM5. The system of connections, a multitude of backpacks with different capabilities, the remodeling of parts and weapons - this is also very cool. But endless ammunition - a controversial point. Also very depressing the lack of a repair backpack in the first games of the series. Plus, I would expand the command to 8 units (in some games). And also would return the Internet (as a means of more detailed disclosure of the plot and the ability to get the secret parts and super cool simulator).

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
11 months ago#6
for a team made up of WAW pilots.

Front Mission Alternative's McCoy's squad is very badass (and the most massive in the series, which builds up to mission team of 9 pilots at once, not counting support).

Front Mission 2 has multiple key protagonists eventually come together, would say they are among the best wanzer/FM mech squads, and overall great character designs.
even Lira, a 19 year old girl who people would suspect wouldn't know a thing about fighting in wanzer conflicts in one mission actually assists in a mission to help fight incoming enemies! That's badass!
overall the feats and accomplishments of FM:A, FM2, and even FM3's squads shouldn't be underrated.

I dunno how you could teir FM1 gameplay over FM3 and FM4.

and FMA gameplay is in a league of its own. of course it has its setbacks (like no actual hands on control over attacks), but what other single player Front Mission game has realtime strategy, realtime combat, 9 commandable wanzers in platoons of 3, AND the freedom to switch to cockpit view at anytime using the square button? it even has option to turn music off for a more realistic ambient experience, and the HUD can be completely customized in all sorts of colors.

would say FM:A expresses and simulates more real Front Mission combat than its chess siblings.

but yea if we wanna argue well rounded FM gameplay, I'll tier them FMO > FM5 > FM2 > FMA > FM4 > FM3 > FM1
although I like FM3's cockpit eject system, the upper tier FMs feature more playable pilots at once at least for some missions.
I like FM3's HUD, muzzle flash, sounds and destruction, more than FM4, though FM4 is more polished in other areas.

I tier FM2 extra high cause besides being among the ones that support more than 4 playable pilots in missions, it has a versus mode,
the arena battles are more entertaining than simulators, the portraits are awesome, and other stuff.

I know little of FM5, but from what I seen, it really improved various aspects of the combat and has a sleeker format.
plus I think it has recruitable mercenary units? not sure if FM5 potentially has the largest cast of playable pilots in the series.

and I tier Front Mission Online the highest because it has the most well rounded features and gameplay refinements and has way more potential than the others. even though the servers are out, it is the highest tier Front Mission masterpiece, and also features pilot creation. so its the more personal Front Mission experience.

User Info: _must_get_life_

_must_get_life_
10 months ago#7
Fm3. Only due to being ballzy enough to get out of their wanzers or kill opponent pilots. That's just dirty.
  1. Boards
  2. Front Mission 5: Scars of the War
  3. Out of Front Mission 1-5 who you think are the best Wanzers squads?
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Guide and Walkthrough by LegaiaRules 8 years ago
Battle Simulator FAQ by LegaiaRules 8 years ago
Survival Simulator FAQ by LegaiaRules 8 years ago
Hard Mode FAQ by LegaiaRules 8 years ago
Arena FAQ by LegaiaRules 8 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A