• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Front Mission 5: Scars of the War
  3. FM5 Fan Translation Project

User Info: LegaiaRules

LegaiaRules
12 years ago#221
Hmm, that's a tough one. Maybe you could write "New Mode" or something because the game says something about unlocking new modes when you make a clear save file. I can't think of anything else to write for it.
Check out Front Mission 5! Translation in progress: frontmission.info for more!

LegaiaRules
12 years ago#222
I've completed extracting text from all known briefing and tutorial files, while I'm roughly 60% done with the base file extractions. There's an insane amount of text, but most of it are repeated sections so they only need one translation as said earlier. We've got a growing number of interested translators for our next step so if you haven't done it, send me an email(see frontmission.info or my contributor page for that). The more, the merrier.

As some of you may have noticed, frontmission.info now has an issue/bug tracker section. Basically, IcemanUK installed a piece of software to help out with bugs and whatnot. Since we are going to be busy with translations and editing data in the future, we need a dedicated bug tracking manager on the team. Someone who can keep track of all the bugs and report changes and whatnot to them(fixing, additional info, etc.).

LegaiaRules
12 years ago#223
I've managed to find where all of the mission text is stored now. Specifics will be posted on the Team Only section for team members soon. I'll take care of this since I'm in the midst of translating the mission briefings, but at least more of the in-game text has been found.

User Info: knivesX2004

knivesX2004
12 years ago#224
If you guys need any help proof reading or anything, I'll be more than happy to give back to the FM5 T staff.
I can't translate JP but maybe I can help with something else.
When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

User Info: DaintyLegsMion

DaintyLegsMion
12 years ago#225
Considering I know absolutely no japanese and have little military experience, I can't do much but watch the progress of this project. I will, however, wish you all the best of luck in your translation endeavors
Life is uncensored. Prepare to blush.

LegaiaRules
12 years ago#226
I've completed extracting text from all mission and mission briefing files. I'm starting to format it the way the text is displayed on-screen so I won't have an issue translating it.

User Info: bayfield

bayfield
12 years ago#227
hey legaia and peter, i sent you guys an email a moment ago. my fm5 copy arrived in the mail and i'm good to go. i've got the iso loaded up and munge explorer'd out. time to get to work =]

LegaiaRules
12 years ago#228
@ bay: Alright, I'll send you an email soon about progress and whatnot.

I've ran through 2/3 of the mission files and in some, there are parts of the script that are unaccounted for. I haven't found the triggers for these "flags" but I'm 100% certain they do occur in the missions. I'd rather not waste time trying to trigger them, so any takers for this minor task? All someone needs to do is playtest and observe what triggers these "flags" in the missions. Send me an email and I'll give more info on which missions have these "flags".

Also, to get a head-start on the base sections, any takers for playtesting and finding out where text occurs? I find that it'll be a more smooth and fast process if the text is already formatted the way it's presented on-screen. I've got a good number of the briefing and mission files translated(rough first drafts of course) since I formatted it beforehand. It doesn't matter if you can't read kanji or katakana since you'll just be looking for when conversations occur and how it looks on-screen. It'd be great to have a small group focused for this task to make the translation process go by quickly.

User Info: WSwingley

WSwingley
12 years ago#229
Hey Legaia, I just sent you an e-mail... make sure to dig me out of your junk mail folder :-P
Anyway, I want to offer my services for translation... My Japanese is maa-maa, but my English is great, heh. Hopefully my Japanese friends can help me with any tough stuff.
Look forward to working with you as much as I can!
BLOCKBUSTER: FREE rentals all year long – for half the price! -- ME: Yay! Double free is my favorite!!!

LegaiaRules
12 years ago#230
Just a minor update, but I've uploaded a teaser video showing off the first patch. The link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-FO-CKsRgw

Check it out!
  1. Boards
  2. Front Mission 5: Scars of the War
  3. FM5 Fan Translation Project
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A