• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Wachturm

Wachturm
8 years ago#1
I started a new game a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has been able to finish the game without being able to read Japanese. I'm not having any major problems so far and I've already reached the second floor. I've made it through Shadow Tower Abyss and considering there is a partially completed walk through and some maps available, I think I'll be good to go. I'll be checking this topic every other day or so to try and help anyone who starts a new game and encounters any problems. So far, I'm really enjoying it. Once I learned the menus and figured out you can block with your shield to significantly decrease incoming damage, it actually is a very enjoyable game with interesting battles and well designed dungeons filled with deadly traps and rewarding treasures. I'll be working on the first Japanese King's Field soon and probably checking out KF Additional 2 if I can manage to finish the first one.

Wachturm
8 years ago#2
I managed to play through all the floors covered by the guide, but encountered a very difficult enemy on the following floor and can not seem to make any more progress. I think there is an alternate path I can check out for now, but it looks like I hit my first major impediment. I have to say this is the best game I ever played on the PSP. The dungeon design is amazing despite the archaic interface and is packed with unlockable shortcuts, secret walls, locked doors, death traps, etc. If you liked Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken Land on PS2 and are also a King's Field fan, then you would probably love this game. The atmosphere and music is incredible and based on the cut scene artwork, the story seems very interesting even though I cant read any of it.
(message deleted)

Wachturm
8 years ago#4
I finished the game thanks to the help of the author of the KFAII FAQ, Hguols. I'll be lurking around this board to see if anyone is interested in starting a new game and has any questions. The following link will provide some excellent maps and other information, but needs to be translated. The other link will show the fastest route to the last boss, so beware of spoilers! Half the fun of this game was trying to figure out everything myself, but there are inevitable limitations and frustrations due to the language barrier.

http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/trehaos/kfa1/frame.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnIi41uNovA
  • Topic Archived