• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. King's Field: Additional I
  3. hello?... anyone there?

User Info: Compass

Compass
10 years ago#21
backloggery is nice because it'll give you inspiration to finish stuff when you see other people conquering games long left on your pile of procrastination. You can use the sidebar area to set goals, and then if you fail, it's up there for all to see. Not that anyone really cares, of course, but having even that one layer of accountability makes you strive for success more than you might otherwise.

You also used to be able to click on a game name, and it would bring up everyone who has that game and what they've said about it. This was cool for finding new backloggery friends whose collections you could browse and so on. I assume this was too hard on the fledgling site's servers, but that it will return at some point.

right on, if your not having fun playing video games, they're not worth playing

Ha, easier said than done. I tend to want to get to the end of all my games, even the crappier ones. I just don't have enough time for everything, though, so it's a constant struggle to prioritize the games that really deserve my precious minutes.

User Info: MoonlightSword

MoonlightSword
10 years ago#22
hmmmmm I wonder why they removed the function to let you see other people with the same game.... it would have stimulated a ton of discussion from people, asking people they know own the game and/or have beaten it...

here at gamefaqs you can ask a specific board about a game... and have 3 or 4 people answer it who havent even played it...

as for the gaming thing... I'm almost in the exact same boat as you... I have so many games that I can't even decide which one to start next... though I might start up the one it randomized for me... the fortune cookie thing is kinda neat... does it have some sort of formula based on completed/playing/genre etc... etc... etc...?
You've come unarmed to a battle of wits.
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>

User Info: gabor_sama

gabor_sama
10 years ago#23

Hi everyone,

I recently discovered the King's Field series thanks to Demon's Souls. I've put some 50 hours into that game and love it to the marrow so I naturally started looking for past FROM Software stuff. It's very difficult to get most of these games now as they're rare and hard to come-by anyway, so I was wondering if this PSP game was a remake, compilation or new entry in the series as it's easier to find PSP games online.

PS/ I added both compass and swordofmoonlight to backloggery :)

MoonlightSword
10 years ago#24
I glad to see that demons souls has inspired so many to try the kings field series... it's about time! these games have slipped through the cracks too often...

the price of the kings field games is most likely going to go up a tad with the increased interest, but you may still be able to snag some cheap copies online...

these psp games are new installments in the series, not remakes... but they play pretty differently than the main series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xGyDqYX2M&feature=PlayList&p=B6063F43852A782A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=72

^ this is a gameplay video from kings field 1 for ps1 (which is actually the second installment in the series, north america never got the first kings field game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2QTELoECpk

^ this is a gameplay video from kings field 4: the ancient city (for ps2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbYAHutgugU&feature=PlayList&p=52DBABE1EC85FCB0&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

^ and this is the trailer for kings field additional 1 for psp, as you can see the gameplay is quite different (and the additionals were only released in japan, but psp isn't region locked so if you want you can play it, assuming you don't mind the language barrier)

MoonlightSword
10 years ago#25
---

User Info: Bilouze

Bilouze
10 years ago#26
any chances for Additional 1&2 to get a fan-made translation ?

MoonlightSword
10 years ago#27
there is a semi-complete guide with translated conversations for Additional 1... up to Level 6...

not sure if anyone will translate Additional 2...

would love it if they did though... the language barrier is the only thing preventing me from starting them

MoonlightSword
10 years ago#28
bump for the cause...

User Info: jwh77

jwh77
10 years ago#29
Hello, actually I am the one who wrote the unfinished guide for KFA1 quite awhile back. I'm sorry that I could not complete it. My PSP broke and I never did get another one, though I still have a ton of games for it laying it around. I did beat both KFA1 and 2 and planned on doing guides for both but I only beat them one time each. I was actually writing the guide as I was beating the game over again for the second or third time so its very unrefined and the translation is sloppy because I was just basically writing down notes as I was playing through the game. When my PSP broke I couldnt finish the guide because I couldnt play anymore, sorry! I hope that the guide serves at least as a start for anyone who is playing through KFA1. I think it covers a little more than half of the game, and in KFA1 + 2 the start of the game is definitely extremely hard, but by the time you get halfway through it gets easier and hopefully you can finish it on your own.

Anyways, I was looking around on messageboards and noticed there is still some interest in KF, glad to see it. I hope they continue making games for the series. I actually enjoyed KFA1 + 2 even though it was a turnbased dungeon crawler and not a 3d game like the others. Most people I talked to about it didnt like that fact, but still they are fun to play. Too bad they wont bring these games over for everyone!

MoonlightSword
10 years ago#30
wow... the man himself dropped by...

let me start off by saying thank you for at least providing a partial guide... I haven't started playing it yet, but I might soon, I got a few other games ahead of it in my backlog...

that sucks about your psp breaking, are you ever going to get a new one and possibly finish the guide (and maybe even make one for KF:A2?)

~crosses fingers~

I love kings field, and it hurts that the series is dead... but I still have shadow tower and the additionals to play so I'm not quite done with the series yet... I don't even mind that it's a turned based game... is the difficulty the same as the other installment? or is it pretty much straight foreword?

anyway... I'll still be here holding the fort down if you decide to stop by again, King's Field will never disappear as long as the Moonlight Sword exists!
  1. Boards
  2. King's Field: Additional I
  3. hello?... anyone there?
  • Topic Archived