• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Green
  3. Why didnt it ever come to america?

User Info: hofuldig

hofuldig
10 years ago#1

Well i played this game and it seems to be the same as all the other pokemon games (blue/red/yellow) so why didnt this one come to america as well?

Also what was the difference in this game compared to the other 3? did it have all the pokemon the other 3 had? did it have features that were taken out of the other 3?

User Info: Booij_V2

Booij_V2
10 years ago#2
Red and Green were the original. Then they "remade" it, with glitch fixes and new sprites. They called those Red and Blue, which did get a western release.

I don't know why it didn't get released in the Western parts though..
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool!

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy
10 years ago#3
Their Green is our Blue.
Now Playing: Fallout 3 (X360), Warriors Orochi (PS2), Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN), Starfox 64 (N64).

Booij_V2
10 years ago#4
Their Green is our Blue.

That not entirely true, in fact, it's false.

Blue was also released in Japan, like I said before, with glitch fixes and some general changes.

hylianarmy
10 years ago#5
Au contraire; our Blue uses the same monster spread and rarities as Green version. Their Blue has an entirely different monster spread than Red or Green. (Tauros is available outside of the Safari Zone, for one.) The only difference is that our Red and Blue use the engine and caricatures found in Japan's Blue.

So, yes, their Green is our Blue. Releasing their Green when it was functionally the same as our Blue would have been unnecessary and redundant, not to mention unnecessary and redundant.

Of course, some would argue that releasing both Red and Blue is also redundant, but that's a completely different discussion.
Now Playing: Fallout 3 (X360), Warriors Orochi (PS2), Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN), Starfox 64 (N64).

Booij_V2
10 years ago#6
The only difference is that our Red and Blue use the engine and caricatures found in Japan's Blue.

This is basically what I tried to say.

Though, I did got the Blue Japanese version wrong, thinking that was just an upgraded version of Green. Which it is not. I'm sorry for the inconvenience..

hylianarmy
10 years ago#7
It's all good.
Now Playing: Pokemon SoulSilver Version (NDS), F-Zero GX (GCN), Final Fantasy IX (PS).

User Info: Vehek

Vehek
9 years ago#8

(Tauros is available outside of the Safari Zone, for one.)

If you mean "available in an in-game trade", yes. But I remember while doing some investigation into the Pokémon distributions of Japanese Blue that Tauros cannot be caught in the wild in it.

User Info: TheCodeisBosco

TheCodeisBosco
9 years ago#9
Vehek - While investigating the Japanese Blue, what other differences did you find? If memory serves, Ditto can be found in Rock Tunnel, and Horsea can be purchased at the Game Corner; but I've never found any other info regarding the JP Blue's monster spread.
Watch Fox's RUNNING WILDE, airing Tuesdays at 9:30 EST!
Will Arnett and Keri Russell in the same show - how can you top that?!?

User Info: Vehek

Vehek
9 years ago#10
I only have a general list I dumped of wild Pokémon in grass and caves, so I'm missing information about pokemon only found by surfing/fishing.

According to my list:
-Jynx can be caught in Seafoam Islands (B2 and B4).
-Lickitung can be found in the Safari Zone (Areas 1 and 3)
-Rapidash can be found on Route 21 and in the Unknown Dungeon (F2)
-Tauros and Kangaskhan are uncatchable. What stops them from being in the list of unobtainable Pokémon in Japanese Blue is their availability in ingame trades.

There are other differences, but I'm kind of lazy at the moment about comparing individual locations.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Green
  3. Why didnt it ever come to america?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Green or Blue?XxPika740xX47/19 1:35AM

GameFAQs Q&A