• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Green
  3. Green-specific Glitches

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad
10 years ago#1
I've been looking through my old emails, and I've found an email I got years ago, from a "Thomas Lei" about a Mew Glitch specific to Green. I can confirm (I did test via emulation when I got the email) that the Mew glitch does work...

I'll paste the details directly from the email.

There are two main glitchs:
1. Mew glitch
2. Lv.100 glitch

---------------------
To do the Mew glitch:
1. get 2 pokemons, water type***
2. have 13 items with you
3. get into battle
4. go to item
5. go to the 13th item(press down 12 times)
6. press select
7. press B
8. go to switch pokemon screen
9. press down(point to 2nd pokemon)
10.press A(the pokemon should turn to Mew)***
11.Now you can press B to cancel back to the battle screen and run away from battle OR kill the enemy to win the battle.
12.Heal your pokemon and put Mew into the PC then take it back out(it should fix the HP)###
13.Or simply trade it to another gameboy

***using other types your pokemon will turn into a "fossil" and the game freeze at step 10
***if you win the battle with this 'Mew', it will turn to lv.101

###it will mess up your item#1 so don't put bicycle at the first place in the item list(put potion ^^) and also some other things may not work probably.

---repeat the steps 1-10 will turn your Mew back to the original pokemon(the pokemon you turned into Mew will come back) and it will also fix all the problems you get when you hold the Mew(fix the item#1)

----------------------
To do the quick Lv100:
1. have a pokemon with at least 2 attacks(moves)
2. have 7 iteams
3. get into battle
4. go to item
5. go to the 7th item(press down 6 times)
6. press select
7. press B
8. choose attack
9. press down so it will point to your 2nd move(or 4th if you have 4 moves)
10.press A(that attack move will turn into another move and will have 0 pp ususally)***
11.Use other attacks and you MUST WIN THE BATTLE!!!
12.After you win the battle, you will gain 100 levels.

***at step 10, the move you choose to press A on will disappear(gone forever) so choose the most useless attack.
User is finally online...

User Info: Charizard06

Charizard06
10 years ago#2
Does it work in Japanese Red at all?
Keitai Denjuu Telefang is the most underrated game ever.
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village

Gunbladelad
10 years ago#3
I've never had any way to test in Japanese Red, but there's no reason why it shouldn't.

The Western releases were based on Japanese Blue, with different in-battle menu locations to Japanese Red & Green.
User is finally online...

User Info: dswizard

dswizard
10 years ago#4
I own jap. red, I'll try it sometime. The move deletion thing is quite cool, a trick for L100s to lose HMs or just get rid of the HM with the level up, Nice! And an easy re-usable Mew trick even cooler.

dswizard
10 years ago#5
I can't get either glitch to work on either japanese red or green, not any sign of game abnormality from doing either. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything else you need to do it?

Gunbladelad
10 years ago#6
I no longer have the files that I got with the email that I would need to test the glitch. I do have a friend with a copy of Green, and I'll ask him if I can borrow it (when he finds it again..)
Official FF7SB Topic Killer

User Info: Dr_Chander

Dr_Chander
10 years ago#7
Pokemon Green specific glitches ftw!!
>_>

User Info: ASTROID2

ASTROID2
10 years ago#8
Get all the pokemon in green you get mew.
I'm the best pokemon master ever.
Soul Silver forever

dswizard
10 years ago#9
I have a complete pokédex (150) on green without glitches, where do I go to get Mew?

User Info: mariobros_128

mariobros_128
10 years ago#10
Go to Cinnabar Island. Surf in the water. A Tenatacool should appear. It is actually Mew.
Brawl FC: 1848-7904-1377 Check out Super Smash Bros. Adventures in Super Smash Bros. (Wii) message boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Green
  3. Green-specific Glitches
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A