• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MetaFails

MetaFails
3 years ago#1
"Cielo is greater than you."

After actually using him I have to ask, about his weakness.

Does it function differently in this one or something?

I remember him getting the party killed horribly every time he was active in the first game, but in this one he seems to not trigger the 'weakness' thing anywhere near as much. Like, I've had him hit by ailment based skills and sometimes it doesn't trigger presses while other times it does.

It's been a while since I played DDS1 so, could I be remembering it wrong?
And that's how you do it.

User Info: Lord Faust

Lord Faust
3 years ago#2
Fewer ailments count toward his weakness in DDS2. Only charm, panic, and nerve.
I was only mostly dead.
FFXIV: Bard main, Zalera server

MetaFails
3 years ago#3
Ok, yeah. That's a pretty amazing difference.

On a similar note, the moves that are physical/ailment, do they count for ailment weakness? I almost never use them.

User Info: Lord Faust

Lord Faust
3 years ago#4
I think the ailment will have a greater chance of being inflicted, but it won't trigger a weakness.

Oh, and just a tip, but don't let Cielo drag too far behind everyone else. He's a lot better in DDS2.
I was only mostly dead.
FFXIV: Bard main, Zalera server

MetaFails
3 years ago#5
Yeah, He's nowhere near the nightmare he was in the first game. I'm fairly happy about that.

MetaFails
3 years ago#6
Finished the game. Meganada was scary and awful. Took me about 5 or 6 tries. I kept getting done in in one turn. When I won, it was because he dekunda'd but didn't dekaja this time. Then he killed Seraph and Argilla and left Gale alive at 17 hp with a miss on his last attack. I had Gale throw a Wild Bomb for 127 damage and it finished him.

Next fight was easy in comparison.

I do have a question though. Those doors before Meganada, how hard is it to find out what to do to be 'worthy'? i.e. Is there info in-game ala old-school in-game-cryptic clues, or would it just be better to look up a guide?

User Info: Kuuko

Kuuko
3 years ago#7
I found the item necessary to access one of the doors by chance on my first playthrough. Both of the items drop from encounters that the player has probably already seen at least once while going through the dungeon. The droprates are pretty bad though so it's definitely possible that a player would never figure it out unless they had incidentally spent a lot of time fighting encounters, like maybe if they were trying to fill out a lot of the mantra grid at the end of the game.
http://i.imgur.com/dzGMd.jpg

MetaFails
3 years ago#8
Ohhh, those two. I had issues defeating them. I think I only managed one kill on Parvati and that's it. I didn't get anything for it, so there's that.

I rather enjoyed the side bonus battles in this game. I did awfully on the Jack Frost quiz. Something like 14 questions correct in my entire run.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A