• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors Online
  3. is there a monthly fee?

User Info: ChromeGrill212

ChromeGrill212
9 years ago#1

i know its an online rpg but it's not clear whether or not if its an mmo.

User Info: Stepswordsman

Stepswordsman
9 years ago#2
It's MMO. There's no fee.
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.

User Info: m44zu

m44zu
8 years ago#3
DWO have an interesting revenue model: weapons durability needs points to maintain.
Depending on how often you play, sooner or later you will have to purchase points to up keep your weapon.

User Info: Yian Yan

Yian Yan
8 years ago#4
DWO have an interesting revenue model: weapons durability needs points to maintain.
Depending on how often you play, sooner or later you will have to purchase points to up keep your weapon.

Incorrect. To maintain weapons you need Gems. Gems CAN be bought with points but they can also be found with play. Item Mall does give an advantage to players who pay but only in that they acquire things faster/easier (AFAIK anything they can get you can get if you play for free but it'll likely take MUCH longer).

That said this game's MMO model is like Guild Wars, from what I hear (never played Guild Wars) and as such it isn't much of an MMO. The city hub acts more like a lobby than part of the game (a very nice one where you do a great deal of pre-battle prep) and the battles (core-gameplay) doesn't feature more than 32 players at a time (less than that, I think max right now is 12 v 12? I don't play frequently and have only really done 4v4s thus far). Nonetheless, I do quite enjoy this game and advocate it to anyone who enjoyed DW5 and likes competitive play. There are also missions (quests) that are similar in style to solo-play DW games if that floats your boat. They often have nice rewards and increase your domestic stats which influence your city interactions (and battle reward loot if I'm properly informed).
DWO - Wei - from Yong Chang

User Info: Link_J

Link_J
8 years ago#5
There is no monthly fee.

There is the ability to play with or against other players, sometimes both at the same time.
It is not mandatory to play with or against other players.
Does that answer your "Is it an MMO?" question?

Also there is no initial fee so as far as I can tell Dynasty Warriors Online is free to play. You have to pay real world money to get AP. You can then buy special gear with AP. Most of the items that you must spend AP to buy you can get in game as random drops, such as Gems and Ore which you use to upgrade your weapons. But most items, like hand me down weapons from other players, you can buy with in game gold. The other things you can spend AP for are visits to the beautician, and that allows you to change your character's appearance *shrug*. One thing I do not know if it is possible to get other than by spending AP on it is an additional Armory. You can only own as many weapons as you have space for in your armories, you get one free, but each one only holds four weapons. You can technically own one other weapon, by putting it up for sale with the broker.

Short answer, free to play, pay money to unlock easier mode.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors Online
  3. is there a monthly fee?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A