• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. Do the colossi ever stop shaking once they've started?

User Info: SuperTriforce

SuperTriforce
1 year ago#1
I've had this issue with various colossi and it seems to be entirely luck based.

Something that irritates me to no end is when a colossus keeps shaking me whenever I am about to hit one of their weak points.
Even though I have maxed out grip, they sometimes go ahead and keep shaking until my grip meter is completely empty.
It is beyond frustrating to sometimes be lucky enough to get a hit in even on the very first colossus, only because he will continuously do his shaking animation.

Is there some sort of exploit or trick that makes them not do that?
Honestly, I am willing to look past every other flaw this game has, but the part where I just can't get any hits in is infuriating like I've never experienced in a video game before.
It makes Time Attack completely impossible at times, as Valus sometimes demonstrated.

ANY pointers on what to do to safely get hits in without constantly being shook like crazy?
This is driving me mad.

EDIT: For reference, I've had this happen to me with all bipedal and quadrupedal colossi, none of the snake-like or little ones.
Valus, Gaius, Argus, and Phaedra have been the worst offenders so far; taking me much, much longer than they should.

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
1 year ago#2
Let go of your grip and move around a little bit, being sure not to fall off, and/or give 'em a quick jab with the sword. One of those two things will usually get them to (briefly) stop shaking. Also, every weakpoint on every colossus has a sweetspot, meaning that if you position Wander just right, you'll still be able to keep your grip and release a fully-charged stab even if they're shaking. It may take some effort to find this spot and may not even be necessary for some of them, but just know that it is there if you're struggling.
breathing lightning

User Info: SuperTriforce

SuperTriforce
1 year ago#3
Thanks for the quick response!
I've tried being a little more agile with my movement like you suggested, and it helped make the colossi be a little less resilient to my attacks.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. Do the colossi ever stop shaking once they've started?
  • Topic Archived