• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. The Colossus Help Topic 2.0 ***MASSIVE SPOILERS***

User Info: Starcomet

Starcomet
10 years ago#161
I need help in hard time attack mode for Gaius the knight colossus. They make it so hard for you to defeat him in 5 minutes.
Many people in the past died for the future of us; let's not waste it.

User Info: Aluevius_E

Aluevius_E
10 years ago#162
It is hard to beat him in time, I would recommend looking up a video on youtube to see exactly how to do it.

I did this the other day and the weak spot that was most difficult for me to take out was the one on it's arm but I found a method that is easier. Stay on it's other arm until it begins to lower it. It will move the arm with the weak spot up for a few seconds, go for it then. I found that easier than trying to hang off it and take it out, I kept running out of stamina and it's hard to get back onto a part of it where you won't fall off in time. You don't really have time to keep climbing back and forth and letting your stamina recharge.
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: alainaiso

alainaiso
9 years ago#164
this is my tips to sucess the colossus 4 NTA/HTA launch

my time in HTA is 2:01:42 which is still pretty good

my launch succes is between 35 to 45% so I feel that I can give tips and advices

1:if you are not familiar with the launch do not make agro run at full speed...go at medium speed

2:pay close attention to his right legs (the back one)

3:when he will land his legs in ground you should be at 5 meter of him...increase agro speed and jump and grab the legs before he remove his legs again

4:pay close attention now to the other legs(the left one) ...when he will put his other legs in ground you should wait from 0.75 to 1. second then release the (charge(R1 + triangle and jump immediately after land ...if you can not see his left legs than pay ear when he will put his left leg in ground you will hear a "boom"

ps:the R1 + Triangle should be done after he land his left legs

5:after jump you will be in the upper part of the legs then jump to his right tail (pretty easy part) but sometimes we can fail

the most common blunder in people who just start the launch is jump imediately after the left legs landed...wait at least 0,75 second

my sucess is about 35% in a "pessimist view" but is more likely 45%

User Info: Punisher

Punisher
9 years ago#165
ok. got it!
[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]] P.U.N.I.S.H.E.R.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||| No escape for the guilty.. [PunisherCollector.com]

User Info: dratsab

dratsab
9 years ago#166
pewpy
(message deleted)

User Info: Blabadon

Blabadon
8 years ago#168
I am betting this has already been posted here, but here's a dodge run video that works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMqRUFPEaJk

User Info: dratsab

dratsab
8 years ago#169

Bump

lump
Greg "dratsab" Huffman
Greg "dratsab" Huffman

User Info: ShoyuKun

ShoyuKun
8 years ago#170
Great guide! Thanks!
  1. Boards