You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. Not Leveling Up to Journeyman in Armorer Skill

User Info: Sqwaddles

Sqwaddles
2 months ago#1
Alright, so I've played Oblivion for a while now but in this playthrough I've been wanting to play without console commands. I'm not excluding them but I'm not using them as much as I usually do. Anyway, only being able to repair enchanted equipment at journeyman is annoying so I decided to make a spell that detoriated my armor and then I could repair it. I become level 50, but nothing on my screen says I am a journeyman in the skill. I'm currently level 53 as an armorer and level 13 as my player. I have pretty much 0 enchanted equipment but I need some for the life of me. Any help?

User Info: Bowhunter2525

Bowhunter2525
2 months ago#2
Are you asking where to get enchanted items, or why it doesn't say you are a journeyman?

At that level you can get enchanted items from bosses in bandit and marauder dungeons, and from boss chests in most dungeons. There are also quests for several weapons. What do you want (bow, mace, sword?)

I like to work up my Armorer skill to get the weapon damage bonus at 75 points. I do that by buying 5 pts lessons each level and damaging as much bandit armor as possible by attacking with light weapons. That also works up my Endurance.

User Info: Lonewolf2019

Lonewolf2019
1 month ago#3
I'd add there are several static pieces of enchanted armor or weapons lying around you can pick up at lvl 1. Several can be acquired with no fighting. Fin gleem, near anvil, a dagger of depletion, short sword of flame. The amerilon tomb, has 3 items s well.
Orc adventures, found in several places carry an enchanted weapon even at lvl 1. They can be a pain to spawn, easiest place is dzonot cave. Save outside go thru entrance orc should be where the cave goes to the right. Or dead which happens a lot. After lvl 4 or 5 they can also be wearing enchanted armor, up to a full set

Hope this helps

User Info: Sqwaddles

Sqwaddles
4 weeks ago#4
Forgot a posted this to be honest! Sorry for not responding, I appreciate the replies. I think when I started playing the next day and leveling it up a few more times I could finally repair enchanted items. Sorry if the last bit was implying I dont have any. I more meant that I needed the journeyman in the skill to equip the enchanted stuff I had because it breaking constantly was a pain. Once again thanks for the replies but it was just leveling it up a few more times.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. Not Leveling Up to Journeyman in Armorer Skill