• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Radiata Stories
  3. why the human path is the correct one (spoilers!!!!!)

User Info: galian72

galian72
10 years ago#1
well, split strat with the demands of Gonovitch who tells how the dwarves are poor and need more money, but how can you trust him if he lives in a golden palace, is dressed up in gems and is sitting in a pile of coins!!!! it´s like schwarzenegger telling you he isn´t strong enough to move the couch.

So, the non-human path have some good stuff in the story like Ridley and Ganz, but in the end it doesn´t matters because either way it´s sad, so you choose between saving humanity by killing Ridley or saving her and destroy everything else (witch I thing is stupid, all the journey in search for self-extintion), so I prefer the human ending, but even he loses his beloved one he still could remember the other like 100 friends he has.

By the way, when did jack started loving her, they just shared like two days together, he shared more with everyone else for that matters.

Don´t get me wrong, I loved the game, gameplay is fine, the characters are mostly well developt with an unique own story (177 characters!) and I really enjoyed recruiting them. Sure thy could have explained a little bit more about Elwen or nyx, but still this was a great game. It´s just I didn´t like the endings. I would prefer the Valkyrie from Valkyrie profile killing them all, except elwen of course, because i´m sure she is one too XD jaja

anyway great game, poor ending
thanks.

PS: someone knows what happened with stone of miracles???

User Info: PostCrisisJ2

PostCrisisJ2
10 years ago#2
well, split strat with the demands of Gonovitch who tells how the dwarves are poor and need more money, but how can you trust him if he lives in a golden palace, is dressed up in gems and is sitting in a pile of coins!!!! it´s like schwarzenegger telling you he isn´t strong enough to move the couch.

I'm not sure if that's a viable argument, but I never did notice that until now.

By the way, when did jack started loving her, they just shared like two days together, he shared more with everyone else for that matters.

That always bothered me as well, although I think "love" may not be the correct way to describe Jack's feelings. More like infatuation I guess [which makes the nonhuman path even more frustrating to me but I digress]. And I guess you can say sometime before Ridley got nearly killed by the Red Orc in the forest... or after. I dunno, it really did seem to come out of nowhere.

PS: someone knows what happened with stone of miracles???

I'm thinking that it was dropped plot point. I was thinking that it was the orb that was required to kill the dragons but either Cross had one or Jack was given one by Lucian [although I guess they all came from Lucian somehow]. Actually, now that I think about it, why did Lucian go through all of the trouble of getting Nocturne and co. to ambush Belflower and steal her necklace? It would've seemed a lot easier if he had just gotten it himself. There's also the question of what how Belflower got the thing in the first place.

I could be misremembering things though.
Don't punch people who agree with you, it's bad form.

User Info: BLKCrystilMage

BLKCrystilMage
10 years ago#3

First of all, I don't think "misremembering" is a word. Second, it's never explained who hired Void to kidnap Belflower. For all we know it could have been King Jiorus who hired them.

PostCrisisJ2
10 years ago#4
It's a real word.

And while it's never said who hired Void, there's really no one to suspect but Lucian since the orb he gave Jack and the one Belflower had were quite similar.
girl birthing dolphins attack **** yeah

BLKCrystilMage
10 years ago#5

This is speculation, not proof.

PostCrisisJ2
10 years ago#6
...I never said it was proof.
girl birthing dolphins attack **** yeah

BLKCrystilMage
10 years ago#7

I don't feel like going out to buy fancy screenshot equipment and waiting for the proof to occur, but if you do, go for it.

BLKCrystilMage
10 years ago#8

I don't feel like going out to buy fancy screenshot equipment and waiting for the proof to occur, but if you do, go for it.

Whoops, wrong thread. My bad.

PostCrisisJ2
10 years ago#9
...uh... <_>
Ryoji is cry.

User Info: AtmaIllumina

AtmaIllumina
10 years ago#10

Dwight from the human path is the same way. Gonovitch was just thinking ahead. Of course, the mines back in the olden days were probably a hit for the dwarves. I am assuming that's why Gonovitch decorated his office as such. I am not going to go into that. But that is a horrible comparison.

So, the non-human path have some good stuff in the story like Ridley and Ganz, but in the end it doesn´t matters because either way it´s sad, so you choose between saving humanity by killing Ridley or saving her and destroy everything else (witch I thing is stupid, all the journey in search for self-extintion), so I prefer the human ending, but even he loses his beloved one he still could remember the other like 100 friends he has.

I'm pretty sure the human ending was the most canon. Not only because Jack is wearing the Divine Coat in the main cover, but because everything else seems to make more sense when you're playing the human side. Why would Jack follow Ridley out of the blue? that in itself makes no sense. Larks was expecting Jack and being the person that he is, Jack decided to respond. There is no way that Jack would have normally followed Ridley. Only typical players would see the storyline like you see it. The game is much more complex than that;. There's a deep and beautiful message that this game tries to convey. There is no replacing Ridley. None of his other friends could ever outweigh the significance of this one girl.

Jack loved Ridley after contemplating of her for so long. They did not spend two days together. If you were paying attention, they only went on two missions before the split. Two missions does not constitute two days. Remember what Elwen said to Jack, "You do not have true strength because you wield your blade only for yourself." Basically, when those words hit him, he realized that he had to fight someone he loved and wanted to protect. His inspiration was Ridley. That is the reason fights so hard. Besides, Jack and Ridley have always clicked. You may not realize it but they have. You can see the progression throughout the story.. The game, however, moves quickly and that is why people are so confused. It is because they do not know how to keep track of time.

Don´t get me wrong, I loved the game, gameplay is fine, the characters are mostly well developt with an unique own story (177 characters!) and I really enjoyed recruiting them. Sure thy could have explained a little bit more about Elwen or nyx, but still this was a great game. It´s just I didn´t like the endings. I would prefer the Valkyrie from Valkyrie profile killing them all, except elwen of course, because i´m sure she is one too XD jaja

There is no need to explain Elwen or Nyx. Not every character deserves an explanation. The only three characters anyone need concern themselves with would be Jack, Ganz and Ridley. Everyone else is extra. The ending was fine. It doesn't blow ass like most other video games. At least some bit of reality is good enough for the heart instead of some fairytale made up horsecrap.
Watch my awesome and funny let's Play videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Atma01
  1. Boards
  2. Radiata Stories
  3. why the human path is the correct one (spoilers!!!!!)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Human Path Correct Ending ? General1 Answer
Best weapon ? Side Quest1 Answer
Anyone, Have All Items Cheat Code ? General1 Answer
Friends List in New Game+? Tech Support6 Answers
Where can I find (feather earrings)? Side Quest1 Answer