• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost in Blue
  3. Having trouble...

User Info: Setzer_VI

Setzer_VI
5 years ago#1
Days 1 and 2 I barely squeaked by by myself... on Day 3 Skye seems to make it worse. Now it's either she dies or I do... I need some hints on what to do. If this were real life I'd clearly die in a matter of days. This makes me not want to play anymore. It IS too hard, and I don't care what anyone says...
Name: Afrit, 3DS Friend Code: 3797-5817-9202,
Games: DoA Dimensions, KH3D, Style Savvy: Trendsetters, RE:Revelation, AC:NL

User Info: Rainmaker59

Rainmaker59
5 years ago#2
Those first few days are very difficult. But if you can get though them you will find this to be a very enjoyable and refreshingly different game.

There are a few things you can do that will make things easier. One is to understand the "rest" function. In order to rest you must have food and water in your stomach. If you hold Skye's hand she will rest too providing she also is fed and hydrated.

Another thing is to find your energy mushroom. Each different color of mushroom does something different. Most have an adverse effect. One will prevent your energy from dropping for a short while. That's your energy mushroom. It's randomly assigned every time a new file is started so you need to figure out which one it is on your file. The best way to find out is to head out off the cave first thing in the morning, pick a mushroom and eat it. Then stand there and wait for one game hour and see how the mushroom affects you. Then quit without saving and test all the other colors of mushrooms using the same process. Two will appear to have no effect but one of those actually cures the effects of all the others.

Another tip is to leave Skye behind unless the game requires you to bring her with you for a specific reason.

And last of all, take it slow and easy at first. Don't push yourself to go too far too fast. The game will get easier as you go along and you'll soon be out exploring the island.
3DS FC: 2406-6454-1922
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. ~ John Lennon

User Info: Keaton64

Keaton64
5 years ago#3
Two easy to make recipes are seaweed salad & baked potatoes. Get 4 pieces of seaweed off the beach + one purple bean & blue seed and cook it raw. Gather 4 potatoes on the other side of the river and roast them with rock salt & pepper seed.

Once you find a stick & sharpen it to make a spear (with or without adding a sharpened stone), you will use fish as your main food source for the rest of the game, even more so once you make a rod.

User Info: Keaton64

Keaton64
5 years ago#4
I just remembered that you can't make recipes as Keith, but you should still gather those food items anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost in Blue
  3. Having trouble...
  • Topic Archived