• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost in Blue
  3. fish and the puzzles

User Info: Rainmaker59

Rainmaker59
6 years ago#11
What are the materials for Fishing Rod 1? The best rod is made from bamboo, vine and sharpened bone. The durability of any tool us dependant on the quality of materials used. Always use your best materials for items that matter most (fishing rod, traps, etc.) and use lower quality materials for less important stuff (building projects, firewood and the like).
3DS FC: 3265-5063-5380
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. ~ John Lennon

User Info: nicole62

nicole62
6 years ago#12
Yeh that's what I used to make fishing rod 1. Do you remember where the fish are that I mentioned? I know the Japanese H is in the grasslands most north but haven't been able to catch that one either yet. Someone said to wait until it rains but it's rare to have a rainy day in LIB1

nicole62
6 years ago#13
Finally got the rock bream in the bamboo cove. So I used it 4 times, first I pressed A too fast and caught nothing, then I caught rock bream, a flat fish and an eel and boing, the rod broke!!!!

Rainmaker59
6 years ago#14
Salmon are at the mouth of the river, Japanese hutchen are in the grasslands at the north end and I think char are by the waterfall by where you push the boulder. I don't know where the other fish are found.

It seems the game sets weather at random each time you enter a new area. I've done a quicksave in the cave, stepped into the grasslands to hunt, reloaded from quicksave and gotten different weather when entering the field again. Try doing a quicksave in the cave and reloading until you find rain in the grasslands.

nicole62
6 years ago#15
I've caught the salmon! Finally. After tons of resets I caught one in the evening at 18.35.

Rainmaker59
6 years ago#16
Oh good! Congrats on catching the salmon. BTW, what other games do you enjoy, Nichole?

nicole62
6 years ago#17
I got the Char now too, in the grassland river half way. I'm doing the puzzles now, almost done, only puzzle 9 left which is a nightmare even with my notes LOL.

I haven't bought any games for ages, the last one after all the LIB was the Golden Compass which I really liked too. I guess I like most games :)

nicole62
6 years ago#18
Ok, so I'm finished with the puzzles and now have to think about escaping. (after I catch the rest of the fish and animals too)
Did you do all the endings and if so, where do you save or do you use quick save? I think in LIB2 I made a mistake and couldn't do more than one ending because every time I started the day again, they were picked up by the helicopter LOL so I'm not sure what it was I did wrong.

Also, did you sleep in the 2nd cave and take Skye with you when you went to sneak around because up until now, I've always just walked home.

I'm also not sure what the point of the torch is. I read somewhere that it helped against the poisonous gas but that's not true because I lit the torch and still had to go around another way because of the gas.

Rainmaker59
6 years ago#19
I did three endings - life raft, boat and shipping container. I don't remember what I did for saves. I think I had my character all stocked up on supplies and well rested the day before escape. Then I just avoided using any save feature while escaping so I could reload my game and they'd be ready to go again. I took Skye along for the boat and shipping container endings but those were the only times I brought her to the hideout. Basically, if it wasn't necessary to bring her somewhere with me, I left her behind.

I didn't use the second cave much. I'd eat and rest on my way through the jungle, use stamina mushrooms and relax in the hotsprings. That would keep me at nearly full energy so sleeping wasn't necessary. Then I'd take the shortcut through the grasslands when leaving the ruins or hideout and go back to the main cave. But I'd often doze off from lack off sleep on my way back and I had to keep a close eye on Skye's stats so she didn't die during my absence. I couldn't stay gone very long that way.

I think I slept at the second cave when I brought Skye along for escape. It was too time consuming to keep her fed and rested on the trek. I just avoided saving at the second cave.

I never found any use for the torch either.

nicole62
6 years ago#20
Thank you for the tips. I'm going to finish the scrapbook and then will focus on the escape. I'll make sure to have a lot of yerkey for the trip.

I am taking so long to catch mackerel etc. and also still need the raccoon and lynx.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost in Blue
  3. fish and the puzzles
  • Topic Archived