question about skills

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: fighterx23

fighterx23
7 years ago#1
i have played the game before but never really beat it. and i just recently got the tiger-dragon robot and it is completely owning every thing in its path with bullets Telekinesis level 5 Predict and just got attacker and so far nothing can even gain a 1% hit on him except for maybe the bosses. so i was wondering if i should do this with any other TK pilots? and would it also be decent to get predict for Ibis to use even though she dont get TK.

User Info: Shannon_Foraker

Shannon_Foraker
7 years ago#2
Predict would be a useful skill for Ibis, yes.
Vice Admiral Shannon Foraker, Republic of Haven
Oops...

fighterx23
7 years ago#3
i just got Sanger Zonvolt and after him and his friends show of total grunt pwnage they all three had over 130 pp. was it a good idea for me to give him attacker and revenge? it looks like it would do good with his naturally high counter and in fight ability and he already had predict and prevail to pump him up in dire situations.

User Info: flamingblaziken

flamingblaziken
7 years ago#4
Revenge is an excellent skill for Sanger, yes. With 1.2x counterattack, In-fight, and high Counter rate, he can kill things before they even touch him. As for Attacker, it's also really good, since Sanger already has Drive learned, so he can deal 1.2x damage to enemies, counterattack or not. Problem is, SP Regenerate is a must-have skill, especially in the later stages. If you want to be like me, or if you think giving SP Regen to everyone is a weird idea, then Attacker/Revenge combo on Sanger is beastly. Revenge/SP Regen is nice, 1.2x counterattack saves a lot of Valors, and 10 SP each turn allows for a lot of Valors on bosses. Attacker/SP Regen is, in my opinion, the best skill set for Sanger. Use Drive on the first turn for 1.2x damage on EVERYTHING, and SP Regen can slowly compensate for Drive's high SP cost.
"And so I strike,like an unseen dodgeball in an echoing gymnasium!"-
Dimentio

User Info: Esrac

Esrac
7 years ago#5
Now, if I recall correctly, Revenge is not a good skill for anyone with Counter and vice-versa. This is because Revenge only counts on attacks that occur after the enemy's attack. So, Counter activating would cancel out the damage bonus by making you attack first. You're better off giving Sanger SP Regenerate to help mitigate the cost of his semi-expensive Spirits.

fighterx23
7 years ago#6
i thought Revenge increased the damage of counter? or thats what it says when you look at its information.

Esrac
7 years ago#7
As I recall, it increases the strength of your attacks, but only when you attack after the enemy. That'd be a counterattack, but it doesn't activate when you attack first, which is what happens when the Counter skill activates. So, Revenge doesn't work when Counter does.

flamingblaziken
7 years ago#8
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when an enemy targets and attacks you, doesn't Revenge activate regardless of whether the "counter-attack" was from Counter or not?
Dimentio

Esrac
7 years ago#9
It's possible that I'm mistaken, but I'm really rather certain that Revenge only activates when your pilot is the second one to attack in an encounter. So, no, when Counter makes you attack first, Revenge won't activate.

flamingblaziken
7 years ago#10
Well, hardly anyone posts here anymore, so... unless I find something about it on one of the Faqs, my question will be left unanswered.
Dimentio

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived