Better main pilot for the Huckebein Gunner: Rio or Ryoto

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
  3. Better main pilot for the Huckebein Gunner: Rio or Ryoto

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
7 years ago#11
Can you assign any pilot to these two mechs AND still be able to form the Gunner ?

I guess it's restricted to pilots with Telekinesis, though.
(So Yuuki / Ryoto would work, right ?)
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five (Groucho Marx)

User Info: Esrac

Esrac
7 years ago#12
Well, one of the main reasons I like using Yuuki and Carla so much is because Carla comes with Assail and Yuuki is just a great offensive pilot all-around. Carla's Assail pretty much negates the Gunner's problem with lack of Post-Movement attacks. So, you could start round 1 with Yuuki casting Drive and Carla casting Assail, then move in to start blasting. After that, you usually won't have to worry too much about enemies being in range anymore.

User Info: celltf

celltf
7 years ago#13

Can you assign any pilot to these two mechs AND still be able to form the Gunner ?

I guess it's restricted to pilots with Telekinesis, though.
(So Yuuki / Ryoto would work, right ?)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can put any 2 pilots in the mechs except for pilots who can only pilot certain mechs like Masaki. Having pilots with some sort of Relationship in the mechs is a good idea though, because even though their mechs combine to form the Huckebein Gunner, the Relationship Bonus is still activated as if they were right next to each other. So, if I put Rio/Ryoto in the Gunner, their Level 2 Love Relationship Bonus of +8% Damage is still activated.

User Info: Volcanon2

Volcanon2
7 years ago#14
Gunner might require telekinesis for some attacks (like boxer and R-Gun P). otherwise any pilot can do whatever they want with it.

User Info: 66year

66year
7 years ago#15
I found the gunner to be utterly amazing as a grunt-weaking unit if either of the pilots have instant morale seishin. If you give the AM Gunner's pilot hit&away, you can fire its mani weapon, move it next to the MkIII, combine it and the MKIII and have the main pilot fire the cannon for the second time in one turn. Next turn, split the unit and use the MkIII's post-move attack, followed by moving the AM Gunner next to it using hit&away. Next turn, fire with the AM Gunner, combine, fire cannon a second time. Repeat as necessary until your combo attackers have morale from finishing things off.
Trolling me does not work. Stop trying, please.

User Info: SomeDude1205

SomeDude1205
7 years ago#16
neither, put Leona in it.

but if you absolutely must use them, put Rio as main mech for one simple reason - Ryoto has crap morale gains, where as Rio has decent ones on top of her innate +will per turn, letting you use full impact cannon much faster.
A fan of JAM Project
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
  3. Better main pilot for the Huckebein Gunner: Rio or Ryoto

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived