• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights 2
  3. Location of Essence's ?

User Info: mjs12292

mjs12292
11 years ago#1
Where might some of the essence's for the recipe's be located ?

User Info: engimaman

engimaman
11 years ago#2
either you can get them from Elementals or you can make them from those Items using the Alchemy Bench....

Any Essence can be downgraded to an Essence of lesser power by using
the mortar & pestle on it. Radiant > Glowing > Weak > Faint. Likewise, putting
two identical Essences in an Alchemy Bench and then using the Mortar & Pestle
on the bench will upgrade it to the next power level.
2 Faint = 1 Weak
2 Weak = 1 Glowing
2 Glowing = 1 Radiant"

you can also make Essence from certain Items

User Info: engimaman

engimaman
11 years ago#3
Oh yea!!!

If you use the Mortar/Pestle on the Fairy Dust item, you will receive an
essence completely at random (i Think...)

That means Any Level And any kind!

User Info: EshuElegba

EshuElegba
11 years ago#4
There are component vendors in the city - more of them. stuff like frost giant head and you know that sounds like a component can be refined into some kind of essence. read it's description to make sure.

mjs12292
11 years ago#5
hey thanks , helps alot !! was also wondering if you can use mask of the betrayer essence's in the first nwn2 ?

EshuElegba
11 years ago#6
I really doubt for the reasons beneath:

1) You can't acquire them witout cheating.

2) You would need an enchanter's satchel that is not acquireable in the OC.

3) Even if you cheat these stuff in, You need the Spirit eater skills as well as many recepies use the mould spirit and it's advanced form for crafting.

BUT you may be better off without them since the level cap in the OC is 20 at which point you can create better weapons with the original crafting system.
For example: a +5 weapon in the OC is craftable at 15th level while in MotB it is craftable on 21st level. So... I highly advise you to use what is given :)

mjs12292
11 years ago#7
is there a listing somewhere for those ( create essences ) ?

mjs12292
11 years ago#8
you are correct on that, did rake in some good $ , had a couple after trying MotB which i tried a bit to early . still getting a feel for nwn2 , quite different from nwn , in char creation and lvl ing

EshuElegba
11 years ago#9
Just above this boad there is a FAQs title. there you can find an item list I guess in the MotB forum you can find the rest. Or you can try at gamebanshee.com. they usually compile lots of lists and stuffs about games...

User Info: Dealbata

Dealbata
11 years ago#10
Conversion of Fairy Dust is random as has been explained. I do not know whether this would be regarded as "cheating" and if so my apologies but I always save before "converting" and then see what I get! (and then try again!!!)
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights 2
  3. Location of Essence's ?
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 34 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 113 Questions (98 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A