• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Trauma Center: Under the Knife
  3. Super Secret Brag Topic and/or Advice

User Info: Lloyd13Z

Lloyd13Z
10 years ago#11
Gel doesn't slow Kyriaki. It slows the vitals dropping. It works like this:

A laceration is made. When it's just sitting there, little blood clouds will be blinking which will show you that it's causing the vitals to drop steadily. If you drown it in healing gel, the laceration will stop making blood clouds, and the vitals stop dropping as much.

In X-1 this is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. The main reason you die is the vitals drop before you have the time to fix things. So using the gel in a circle to get the blood clouds away will give you a bit more time, hopefully enough to allow you to get things stable.

The S-Rank Guide is the best, it should cover all aspects you need. Anything specific you are having trouble with, you should come ask me.
The difference between Fate and Destiny is that Fate is a predetermined course that you choose to follow or leave. Destiny is what you will do regardless.

User Info: master_rose

master_rose
10 years ago#12
I meant slows bleeding... That was an epic failure on my part.

So, basically Key Things in X-1 comes to this:

1)Gel Gel Gel the lacerations
2)Wounds max at 9 (I think 9)
3)Kyriaki present as such: 3 after all but 2 pre-GUILT lacerations are fixed, then 2/3 more, then Mature+1.
4)No Healing Touch... *gulps*

that sound right?
-Sincerely... Sundalius (Captain)
GT:Sundalius*obviously* Feel free to add me!

Lloyd13Z
10 years ago#13
Almost. Keep in mind this mission is the one that will build the dexterity you need for EVERY OTHER UtK1 mission.

X-1 Will generally go like this:

1. Suture the beginning lacerations. (leave one of the BIG ones to stall the kyriaki, I think.) Make sure vitals are above 80, probably 99.
2. Immediately throw gel all over the patient, usually in a broad circle, then a line through the center of your circle (This will cover all the lacerations.)
3. If vitals drop below 40-50, use the stabilizer to bring it back up to 80-90. Then reuse Gel.
4. If vitals are okay, move on to ultrasounding the kyriaki. If you get this far, make sure you actually progress: don't just use the ultrasound, then go back to gel, but rather make sure to cut one out or, if one is already out, begin lasering.
5. Repeat 2-4 after EVERY progression, every cut or every laser.
6. Upon getting to the final one, make sure all the small ones are dead first. There is no penalty for waiting to do the last one in the end.
7. Once all the Kyriaki are dead, make sure to keep vitals up and fix all lacerations, suture the patient, and finish.

Now, a few tips to the strategy. Healing Touch isn't that great in this mission. Basically because HT would ONLY give you time to heal lacerations, and since it won't last through the whole mission, more kyriaki will come to cut more lacerations, leaving you in the same boat you were in before the healing touch.
Also, do NOT worry about the lacerations. Not yet. If you can do the strategy I have described, you can edit it to get more points LATER. And I will tell you LATER how to handle the cuts. But for now, you need to master the general strategy of healing. Just tell me how this works for you, and if you die right after the big one comes, let me know that. If that's the only issue you are doing everything right. The lacerations will be dealt with in general by the gel.
You already know about the wound limit. The only reason I said you might continuously die at the big one is because I'm not sure if the three star lacerations can exceed the would limit or not, but if so there's an easy way to handle them. However, you NEED to keep vitals up, since although the won't make more wounds, the act of cutting will still hurt the patient immensely.
Lastly, when you get to the end, it's very likely that due to the massive amount of wounds, the game will lag. THIS IS AWESOME. THe game lagging will slow the clock ticking down, slow the kyriaki down, and allow you to handle the rest of the mission with ease. To link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/922120-trauma-center-under-the-knife/43866384
So yeah. Good thing.
The difference between Fate and Destiny is that Fate is a predetermined course that you choose to follow or leave. Destiny is what you will do regardless.

User Info: master_rose

master_rose
10 years ago#14
Hmmm, I always had left the smallest cuts for the last lacerations. Because I currently do not have my... "Stylus," I'll have to wait until a different time to actually try this. But I will surely try out that procedure and the I/G healing in the S-rank Guide to see if they help. Thank ye.
-Sincerely... Sundalius (Captain)
GT:Sundalius*obviously* Feel free to add me!

User Info: LieutenantSykes

LieutenantSykes
10 years ago#15
Reading through this makes me wonder how I would fare on X1 after having basically not touched the game for a year or so...I think I would get slaughtered. Anyway, good luck!

Lloyd13Z
10 years ago#16
I REMEMBER YOU!!

And yeah. You will get annihilated, unless you have some innate ability to hold onto skills like that. Or Healing Touch irl. Trust me, I tried it after getting beat on X-1 on UtK2....... I was depressed, to say the least.
  1. Boards
  2. Trauma Center: Under the Knife
  3. Super Secret Brag Topic and/or Advice
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I perform the healing touch on awakening? Main Quest1 Answer
How to past story 2-1? General1 Answer
What are Chiral Reactions? Plot1 Answer
Is this game any good? General1 Answer
Level 2-1, HOW? Main Quest1 Answer