• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Emerald Version
  3. Regarding the Aurora Ticket
So I've been checking every archive I can, and I've noticed that it doesn't seem like there ever was an official way to get an Aurora Ticket in Emerald. The PRA events were 2004 for FR/LG, and as Emerald came out in 2005, those were unavailable. Furthermore, the PRA events in 2005 only offered the Mystic Ticket for Ho-oh/Lugia. While a Deoxys could be obtained (Space Center) in Emerald, at no point does it seem like the Aurora Ticket was ever legitimately available.

Looking around the web, it suggests that some people had luck mailing in their carts to Nintendo, and others say that the PCNY had it. (I find that highly unlikely, as they were already shut down by then. (January 2005) And at the reopening in May of 2005 as Nintendo World, they were offering Mystic Tickets as well. I was there for that.)

And no, I'm not counting any ROM hacks like 386. This is just simple, out of the box, Pokemon Emerald.

Does anyone have any sources that suggest that it was possible to get an Aurora Ticket legitimately aside from the off chance that someone at Nintendo had a Wonder Spot device working when someone sent in their cart?

The reason why I ask in the first place is that I'm putting together a personal spreadsheet of the events. I mean, Serebii, Pokemon Secure and Bulbapedia all have event lists, as does Gold Ursaring's FAQ and various other trading sites, but there's a lack of consistency among them that makes it difficult to pinpoint what the writer qualifies as an event, what events happened, and what's the likelihood that an event one receives (cloned or otherwise) is legitimate or a convincing counterfeit, as opposed to a half-assed fake that no one is any the wiser about. (...like many of the JEREMY Pokemon, which can only have one legitimate nature per species, and yet seem to be flying around with any nature.)

So...yeah. Reason why this question comes up is that Serebii's got an Aurora Ticket Deoxys on their list. And as far as I can tell, that's impossible.

Thanks for anyone's response in advance. I'm not sure if anyone who knows the answer will even be posting here anymore, considering that it's almost 7 years after the fact. But thank you anyway.
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

User Info: RaikouTGC

RaikouTGC
7 years ago#2
the PRA in May 2005 was the only time that Emerald was released in April 2005 and could have got the Aurora Ticket there
Raikou the Thunder Tiger strikes again
Dark RPG Wizard 06 7 years ago#3
There was no PRA in May 2005.

PRA 2005 consisted of these stops:

City Stops: September 17th, 2005 – San Jose, CA
McEnery Convention Center*

Saturday, October 1st, 2005 -- Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix Civic Plaza Convention Center*

Saturday, October 8th, 2005 – Dallas, TX
Dallas Market Hall*

Saturday, October 15th, 2005 – Chicago, IL
Navy Pier*

Saturday, October 22nd, 2005 – Boston, MA
Bayside Expo Center*

(Courtesy of Anime News Network)

PRA in fact was ALWAYS an Autumn series. It's why I'm asking, as looking at Gold Ursaring's FAQ again, he claims that an Emerald Aurora Ticket Deoxys is simply impossible.
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

User Info: RaikouTGC

RaikouTGC
7 years ago#4
Take that up with Serebii, they say there was http://serebii.net/events/auroraticket.shtml
Raikou the Thunder Tiger strikes again
Dark RPG Wizard 06 7 years ago#5
That is why I'm asking in the first place. Serebii, as far as I've seen, is the only place that believes there was a PRA on May 1st, 2005. I could go harass him, if you think that will help anything, but his site has a reasonably correct eventdex. (All of the Jeremy Pokemon are incorrect, for example.)

Additionally, May 1st being a PRA makes little sense, as it was a Sunday, and it was also the launch of Pokemon Emerald. (PRA are on Saturdays.) They would have had to have led the fresh buyers through the process as well, which while possible, seems more like a Pokemon Emerald Launch Event than a PRA. And I don't see any info on one of those anywhere.

User Info: MrPerson01

MrPerson01
7 years ago#6
I recall some of my friends getting the Eon, Aurora, and Mystic Tickets for the Emerald games when they went to the PRA in 2005 and seeing them for myself. It's possible that Gold Ursarang just got some wrong info.

User Info: YayECE

YayECE
7 years ago#7
Dark RPG Wizard 06, I agree with your assessment. I don't think there ever was an official way of getting an Aurora ticket in Emerald (for the US). Heck, in 3rd gen, Deoxys was pretty hard to come by at all. The only one I remember for sure was the Houston Space Center Deoxys, which IIRC was a trade, and not the ticket.

I also vaguely remember a Deoxys being available in Seattle for a really limited (3-city) PRA tour, but after a bit of net research, it's the 2004 one you're talking about for FR/LG.

I'm fairly certain that's all of the Deoxys opportunities in 3rd gen. Mystic Tickets, on the other hand were fairly easy to come by. (I got one at the Nintendo booth at E3 prior to the 2005 PRA tour).

As RaikouTGC pointed out, serebii.net is not infallible. We've previously established that its eventdex doesn't contain the 2003 PRA trade giveaways.
Dark RPG Wizard 06 7 years ago#8
MrPerson01 posted...
I recall some of my friends getting the Eon, Aurora, and Mystic Tickets for the Emerald games when they went to the PRA in 2005 and seeing them for myself. It's possible that Gold Ursarang just got some wrong info.

It's not just Gold Ursaring. All of the press releases for PRA 2005 specifically state that they only have the Mystic Tickets. (And the way they distributed the tickets with the Wonder Spot machine made it difficult to be distributing multiple different ones.)

YayECE posted...
Dark RPG Wizard 06, I agree with your assessment. I don't think there ever was an official way of getting an Aurora ticket in Emerald (for the US). Heck, in 3rd gen, Deoxys was pretty hard to come by at all. The only one I remember for sure was the Houston Space Center Deoxys, which IIRC was a trade, and not the ticket.

As RaikouTGC pointed out, serebii.net is not infallible. We've previously established that its eventdex doesn't contain the 2003 PRA trade giveaways.

I know. This is part of why I feel the need to ask, because so many sources contradict each other. (I mean, I'm using multiple sources for my spreadsheet) Short of any other information, I'll thank you for the agreement, and move on with the notion that there is no such thing as a legitimate Emerald Aurora Ticket Deoxys.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Emerald Version
  3. Regarding the Aurora Ticket
  • Topic Archived