• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Coded Arms
  3. Check out this CA wallpaper (as well as my opinion about this game)

User Info: RazorX3

RazorX3
11 years ago#1
http://www.gamersgallery.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/42859/size/big/cat/

Freaking sick, I know. I've never really seen alot of this concept art from Coded Arms, yet I think it could have such artistic, bold imagery behind it, similar how Halo has done with portraying the Masterchief in all of his epic glory. I really like the ideas that went into this game, and while it arguably isn't all that new in terms of gameplay (and alittle redundant), the oldschool, nonstop gameplay just makes it so addicting. Sure an actual plot would have helped, but really this game just has such a cool aura about it that always makes me want to come back and play it.

I was alittle dissapointed in Contagion. While it did step up and give us a character with some attitude (who unfortunately looks so goofy and out of place compared to the protagonist with no name from the original Coded Arms), it also provided more of a "campaign" feel with a variety of levels and cinematics which was great. I didn't mind the change. What I did mind was the gameplay elements that makes the first game a roller coaster ride, no longer appealing. Look at the new aim system. Now instead of this already handy auto aim feature that helped us in the first game, we have to hold down a button everytime an enemy appears on the screen. This also hurt the controls. We can no longer switch between weapons right or left with this incorporated manual aim, as the left button is used for reloading in CA:C (versus the down button in CA, since down in CA:C now activates the lock on- which is stupid). So what the hell was the point? I can get into other things too, like the craptastic pistol and grenades which we are now FORCED TO USE. But why? Whatever happened to the freedom of choosing our own weapons and upgrading them as we see fit? I really wanted to like and accept this game, but Contagion just made the little great things from the original more of a problem. If it ain't broken, don't fix it, and Konami, you promptly told four year olds to place a glass vase on a rusty stool when you gave Creat studios the initiative to develop Contagion.
GT: RazorX2
~Check out my GG Shinobi reviews!~

User Info: zeroalchemist

zeroalchemist
11 years ago#2
I have to say that I completely agree with you on contagion and btw, great find on those wallpapers :]
Killzone Liberation:Raiden

User Info: RazorX3

RazorX3
11 years ago#3
Thanks!

You know what I always thought would be cool? SPOILERS if you haven't beaten Contragion....

***SPOILERS***

So you know how Grant somehow gets infected right at the end of the game before he jacks out? I always pictured he could be the big enemy in the next Coded Arms game, and the guy from the first game would make an epic return to stop him. I always thought if the PS3 Coded Arms was gonna tie in these characters, but now that it's cancelled I guess we'll never know.

GT: RazorX2
~Check out my GG Shinobi reviews!~

User Info: zeroalchemist

zeroalchemist
10 years ago#4
I'm pretty sure they'll have to bring up coded arms:assault project sometime soon since they we're so busy with other projects
Killzone Liberation:Raiden
  1. Boards
  2. Coded Arms
  3. Check out this CA wallpaper (as well as my opinion about this game)
  • Topic Archived