• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
  3. Am I the only one that finds this version to be unplayable due to frame dips?

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 year ago#1
At various parts of the game it just drops frames seemingly for no reason. It's not like there's a ton of action on screen when it happens. Is it my system? I'm using a 3000.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: hakennanbu

hakennanbu
11 months ago#2
Not really. This version is notorious for being very bad.

User Info: Forestbug

Forestbug
2 months ago#3
The loading times are even worse.
Hello

Zero_Maniac
2 months ago#4
Forestbug posted...
The loading times are even worse.
For sure. It's like FFVI PS1 loading times, except even worse.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Adrastia

Adrastia
2 months ago#5
I thought it was an emulation issue. I didn't know. How annoying.
The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth...... - Vincent FF7

Zero_Maniac
2 months ago#6
Adrastia posted...
I thought it was an emulation issue. I didn't know. How annoying.
It might perform better on an emulator. I wouldn't doubt it.

User Info: brunocar

brunocar
1 month ago#7
This version is so bad that i still havent gotten around to finishing Ys 6

User Info: BlairBear86

BlairBear86
1 month ago#8
I would say the last good Ys game was Ys IV - The Dawn of Ys for the PC Engine. I really enjoyed Ys V too but a lot of people didn't like that game and it's understandable. I myself was sort of let down with Ys VI, it's mediocre at best. Ys VII is better but I still didn't get that this game is awesome vibe. I interest in the Ys series stopped after YsVII. I did read that Ys VIII is actually really good though.

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#9
BlairBear86 posted...
I would say the last good Ys game was Ys IV - The Dawn of Ys for the PC Engine. I really enjoyed Ys V too but a lot of people didn't like that game and it's understandable. I myself was sort of let down with Ys VI, it's mediocre at best. Ys VII is better but I still didn't get that this game is awesome vibe. I interest in the Ys series stopped after YsVII. I did read that Ys VIII is actually really good though.
Ys VIII is the new best Ys game. I've not played the original IV on PC Engine, but I've played Celceta, this, and Ys Seven, and VIII blows them all out of the water. Maybe IX is even better.

User Info: Negima15

Negima15
1 month ago#10
I didn't mind it. Then again, at the point it released, there weren't too many RPGs on the PSP to choose from.

It introduced me to the series proper, so I appreciate it for that at least (and the soundtrack/setting/cast as well).
"Is simply wanting to be useful to everyone not enough?" ~ Trixie, Lord of Magna
  1. Boards
  2. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
  3. Am I the only one that finds this version to be unplayable due to frame dips?
  • Post New Message
More topics from this board...
Cave MapKovatch16/3/2019

GameFAQs Q&A