• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
  3. dash jump? double jump?

User Info: chobolover

chobolover
8 years ago#1
so how exactly do you dash jump? cant seem to makr it work =(

also, is there a double jump later in d game?

tia

User Info: BetaSquadron

BetaSquadron
8 years ago#2
I played the PS2 version, but I imagine this one is no different.

To do the dash jump, press a directional button(and let go), then after about a second press square and x simultaneously. The delay between directional button and square+x is what's important.

For simplicity's sake, you can also practice getting the delay down by just pressing square after pressing the directional button. I believe he will do a lunge attack without the jump this way.

User Info: chobolover

chobolover
8 years ago#3
yeah i visited the ps2 boards and got what i needed, finally got that pesky item on the ruins, takes for responding bro

User Info: RenamonFOX

RenamonFOX
8 years ago#4
The dash jump is actually not that difficult. It's certainly easier than getting the whirlwind sword combo.

First, the dash. Press a direction, wait about 0.3 seconds, then slash your sword. If you do it right, you'll sprint forward a distance and slash. If you're not sure if you're doing it right, equip blirante (red sword) and look for the animation. Blirante's dash-slash animation is an overhead swipe.

To dashjump, you need to do the dashslash, except you press jump immediately after doing the dashslash motion. it's D-pad-------------Swing-jump. NOT AT THE SAME TIME. After a few tries, it'll be easy as pie.
Do people actually read these words?
  1. Boards
  2. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
  3. dash jump? double jump?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A