• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
  3. This game is kinda difficult.

User Info: Elektra King

Elektra King
9 years ago#1
I keep getting killed just by regular enemies. Is it like this through the whole game, or do I just need to level up?
Those aren't pillows!!!

User Info: helldew

helldew
9 years ago#2
well im right now playing this on PS2 i grinded a bit in lime water cave right at the end of the cave on some eneimes and after that point i cant recall haveing much more trouble with the rest of the game (right now im at a PONR plot point much later on).

and a question where are you in the game right now?

another thing is that you NEED to use healing items in this game unlike other Ys games i played (dont know about 7 although heard that is pretty big on the items).
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.

Elektra King
9 years ago#3
Not very far into the game. I defeated the first boss, and I am in some cave where I keep getting killed...
Those aren't pillows!!!

helldew
9 years ago#4
which cave are u stuck in? i just finished the game maybe cause i played Oath before hand this was so much easier lol.

also once you get a good bit of grinding in the regular enemies stop becoming a problem.

also remember that emel drops get better and better. and upgrading your swords is a godsend (assuming your that far).

im trying to think what cave your in off hand there is the mountain cave which i remember started kinda hard then i just kept running back and forth in and out till it got easier there is the cave lake(or limewater cave) which i literally ran to the end then grinded at the last enemies b4 the boss there cause they give good EXP.

Elektra King
9 years ago#5
It is the mountain cave. Guess I will have to do a bit of grinding...
Those aren't pillows!!!

User Info: ShiningPhantasy

ShiningPhantasy
9 years ago#6
Just going up a couple of levels will usually make a considerable difference if you are finding the enemies to be hitting back too hard. Also make sure that you consistently upgrade your wind blade in town when possible. Grinding by killing dragonflies in the first areas of the mountain cave will generally gain you levels pretty efficiently, since they are great in number, and they also give away pretty impressive pocket change to upgrade armor.

Elektra King
9 years ago#7
Thanks, I will try that.
Those aren't pillows!!!

helldew
9 years ago#8
yeah if your stuck in the mountain just level up actually if your stuck at most parts of this game its rather equipment or levels really.
  1. Boards
  2. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
  3. This game is kinda difficult.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A