• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: EmptyXzero

EmptyXzero
9 years ago#1
Did they ever or do they plan on putting this game up for digital download? I beat the pc version and although I heard this was a bad port I'd love portable ys on my psp go. Thanks for any incite

User Info: Pochi27

Pochi27
9 years ago#2
I have been asking Konami if they are going to put this on PSN and the answer is always ''we have no information at this time regarding this. '' So I dont think they are going to put this unless a lot of people start asking them about it.
PSN: Onvertic

User Info: JeongBin

JeongBin
9 years ago#3
The game will make you sad if you've played either the PC version or the two new PSP games.
If you really want it though, it is available on the Japanese PSN.

User Info: Bananaramabama

Bananaramabama
9 years ago#4
If Konami put the game up on the PSN and the load times were fixed, would the game be worth playing over the ps2 version? or are there other problems?

User Info: Pochi27

Pochi27
9 years ago#5

If Konami put the game up on the PSN and the load times were fixed, would the game be worth playing over the ps2 version? or are there other problems?

I think the lag is the only major problem this version has.

But Wikipedia mentions the differences of the 3 versions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys:_The_Ark_of_Napishtim
PSN: Onvertic

User Info: JeongBin

JeongBin
9 years ago#6
To me the PSP version just seems to be missing 'it.' 'It' being the unquantifiable factor that makes a game something special. Maybe the loading (which is definitely the most irritating problem) being fixed could push it back over the edge but I somehow doubt it.
When I play the PC version of Napishtim, or the PSP versions of Oath in Felghana or Seven, I feel the same way I felt when I originally played Secret of Mana or A Link to the Past. Sometimes, even when I don't think I feel like playing those games I'll get started and then play for an hour or more.
To put that in perspective, I got the PSP version of Ark of Napishtim the day before taking a 14 hour flight to Seoul. After playing for a few minutes on the plane, I got bored, turned off my PSP and sat quietly for the remaining thirteen hours and thirty some odd minutes. I played it now and again throughout the following years but I could never really get into it. Then, a few months ago I picked up the PC version here in Seoul. I played the game every night for hours until I finished it.
Moral of the story: if you like Ys and you have the opportunity to play the PC version of Ark of Napishtim, then take that opportunity. I've never played the PS2 version so I can't comment on that.

User Info: SpitTaster

SpitTaster
9 years ago#7
bummer
Stryker was the best Mortal Kombat character. Gun. Nightstick. Tazer. Grenades. It's like no-one told him it was a martial arts contest. - Yahtzee Croshaw
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A