• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros.
  3. New Super Mario Bros. Marathon

User Info: MarioMan847

MarioMan847
6 years ago#31
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a very interesting game. I'll explain why in a second...
Video games are awesome.

User Info: CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47
6 years ago#32
*1 hour later*
Join My Nintendo Clan! http://tinyurl.com/nintyzone 3DS: 5026-4841-9381
(>-'.'-)> Cookie?

MarioMan847
6 years ago#33
Playing NSMB2 right after NSMBWii is very interesting, I was quite surprised that NSMB2 actually has more differences from NSMBWii than I initially thought. Let me give you some examples:

The art style in NSMB2 has been slightly altered to better compliment the 3DS. The character models are more fluid and the game's backgrounds and environments are noticeably brighter and more crisp to compliment the 3D effect.

The background of World 1 has trees, which is actually a first for a NSMB game. And the patterns of the mountains and hills have been altered.

The background for all of the sky levels are completely new. Believe it or not.

Water levels in NSMB2 look completely different from water levels in every other Mario game.

The backgrounds for underground levels appear significantly different, due to the nature of the slightly modified art style. Heck, most of the underground backgrounds are completely new actually.

The desert background is noticeably brighter and slightly more detailed. Also, all of the desert assets and tilesets are shinier and/or more crisp. They've also added some assets, like cactus.

The tropical background is rendered brighter, and the hills in the tropical background actually look different. Even in the forest background, if you pay close attention or turn the 3D on, the background has more trees and appears to be deeper than it was in NSMBWii. The forest levels have loads of new assets, too.

There are two combined Worlds, Tropical/Forest and Sky/Mountain. With World 7 and 8 being replaced by World Mushroom and World Flower. This has never happened in any Mario game before.

These are just a few examples of how NSMB2 changed up things a bit from NSBWii and other previous entries. Of course, none of these slight alterations and minor additions are ground breaking, but it's these changes that make me feel like I'm playing a different Mario game. And that's a good thing.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#34
I guess what I'm trying to say is, NSMB2 actually DOES change things up quite a bit from other Mario games, it's just not as instantly noticeable as it should be.

BTW, I'll most likely be able to beat NSMB2 today. If so, I'll move on to NSMBU tomorrow.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#35
Wow, you really don't realize how much new stuff that NSMB2 actually adds until you play the previous NSMB games directly before it.

Sounds weird, but it's true.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#36
Okay, so I definitely WON'T be able to beat New Super Mario Bros. 2 and U over the weekend, but I can still begin NSMBU sometime tomorrow.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#37
After beating NSMB2 again, I just HAVE to right a detailed review on it. It's still an amazing game and I just can't continue to let it be ridiculed by so many people. Be on the lookout for it, it'll have my full, honest, 100% opinion on the game.

And don't forget, NSMBU will start soon.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#38
Alright, I'm about to play the first HD Mario game. LET'S DO IT.
Video games are awesome.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros.
  3. New Super Mario Bros. Marathon
  • Topic Archived