• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros.
  3. New Super Mario Bros. Marathon

User Info: MarioMan847

MarioMan847
6 years ago#11
Okay, let's see how "New" this New Super Mario Bros. Wii game is.

This is gonna be interesting
Video games are awesome.

User Info: CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47
6 years ago#12
New Super Mario Bros. DS IMO, is the strongest NSMB, although I don't have the Wii U one yet. Level Design is the best for the DS one.
Join My Nintendo Clan! http://tinyurl.com/nintyzone 3DS: 5026-4841-9381
(>-'.'-)> Cookie?

MarioMan847
6 years ago#13
Wow, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a HUGE improvement over the DS version. The graphics are WAY better, the levels are more polished, Yoshi is there, the new power-ups are a lot of fun, the soundtrack is new, the Koopa Kids are back, you can keep extra items in a reserve unit like in Super Mario Bros. 3.... The compliments go on and on.

This really doesn't help prove the New Super Mario Bros. conspiracy at all. All those people who called NSMBWii a rehash of NSMBDS back in 2009 are totally wrong. In fact, playing NSMBWii right after DS has led me to appreciate these first two NSMB games even more than I originally did. I mean, the fact that I truly felt like I was playing a new, improved, and different game when I popped in NSMBWii - is a success in my book.

I wonder what playing NSMB2 is gonna be like after this? We're just gonna have to wait and see.

I've already completed the first 5 Worlds of NSMBWii. As usual, I'll keep updating this marathon as I continue to progress.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#14
CheatFreak47 posted...
New Super Mario Bros. DS IMO, is the strongest NSMB, although I don't have the Wii U one yet. Level Design is the best for the DS one.

Nah, every NSMB game after DS has pretty much trumped it in almost every way. Although you could definitely say that the DS one won in the originality department.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#15
My goodness, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is so much fun.... Like seriously, where have I been? o_O
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#16
I hate World 9. It deserves to burn in a fire, and it's ashes deserve to be obliterated. Brutally.
Video games are awesome.

User Info: CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47
6 years ago#17
This whole expeiment is flawed, really. The major complaints against the New Super Mario Bros. Series is that they are uninspired. If you played through the first 4 Super Mario Bros. games, (SMB, SMB2LostLevels, SMB3, and SMW) before these 4, this would be apparent.

Comparing one game in the NSMB series to another is like comparing brands of apples. Some are tough skinned, some are sweet, some are sour, and some you just don't like. So if you like apples, this won't be a problem, but if you like other fruits more, then you might not be as happy with just apples.

There is also the matter of the levels being the same themes, the music being re-used, and the overall lack of new ideas over the course of the series. The fact of the matter is, none of the New Super Mario Bros games are bad at all. It's all just bad by comparison. That's why people are complaining.

Super Mario 3D Land was a good example of a fresh, inovative, and new entry in the whole Mario series. This is why it was better recieved then the New Super Mario Bros. sequels. It was something different.
Join My Nintendo Clan! http://tinyurl.com/nintyzone 3DS: 5026-4841-9381
(>-'.'-)> Cookie?

MarioMan847
6 years ago#18
YES! I BEAT 9-7 ON MY FIRST TRY!!!!!!!

WOOHOO! ^_^
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#19
CheatFreak47 posted...
Super Mario 3D Land was a good example of a fresh, inovative, and new entry in the whole Mario series. This is why it was better recieved then the New Super Mario Bros. sequels. It was something different.

3D Land wasn't necessarily innovative, it just blended a lot of elements from past titles in a way they've never been blended before.

But yeah, the more I play these NSMB games the more I disagree with the general public on the whole New Super Mario Bros. conspiracy. They're just genuinely fun, well designed games. Innovation really isn't all that counts in every situation.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#20
CheatFreak47 posted...
This whole expeiment is flawed, really. The major complaints against the New Super Mario Bros. Series is that they are uninspired. If you played through the first 4 Super Mario Bros. games, (SMB, SMB2LostLevels, SMB3, and SMW) before these 4, this would be apparent.

Lost Levels was mediocre, you probably should have referred to Doki Doki Panic. xD

I'm fully aware that the older titles are much more innovative. But are they better games just because of that? That's not always the case. NSMB is an extension of the older titles, that's why it includes so many throwbacks. It was made to do further justice to 2D Mario. It's not supposed to be mind blowingly new or fresh, it's supposed to be fun, and it's supposed to bring the legacy of 2D Mario to the next generation.

When you think about it that way, the term "New" Super Mario Bros. makes perfect sense.
Video games are awesome.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros.
  3. New Super Mario Bros. Marathon
  • Topic Archived